Education and Experience
- Jefferson Medical College (Philadelphia PA)/ (2004)
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore MD)/ Anesthesiology (2012)
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 N. Wolfe Street
Hospital Main Entrance - Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287
Phone: 410 955 5608
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224
Phone: 410 955 2163
Appointment Phone: 410 955 5608
Department / Division
Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Centers / Institutes
- Center for Bloodless Medicine and Surgery: Johns Hopkins Hospital
Dr. James Rothschild is a graduate of the Johns Hopkins Hospital residency in Anesthesiology. His clinical interest is in the area of blood conservation. He currently works with Dr. Steven Frank in the Johns Hopkins Bloodless Medicine and Surgery Program. His research is focused on methods to improve blood utilization and methods to avoid blood transfusion for those patients who wish not receive blood or blood products. These methods include autologous hemodilution, cell salvage (cell saver) and in treating and/or preventing anemia before and after surgery. His clinical expertise is anesthesia for vascular, thoracic, transplant and high-risk obstetric procedures.
Awards and Honors
Chief Resident, Department of Anesthesia & Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins Hospital, 2011-2012.
- Blood Disorders
- Critical Care Medicine
Fellowship in Vascular/Transplant Anesthesia 2012-2013
Fellowship in High Risk Obstetric Anesthesia 2012-2013
Reviewer, Journal of "Anesthesiology"
Research and Publications
1. Frank SM, Savage WJ, Rothschild JA, Rivers RJ, Ness PM, Paul SL, Ulatowski JA: Variability in blood and blood component utilization as assessed by an anesthesia information management system Anesthesiology, 2012, April 23 (Epub ahead of print).
2. Rothschild J, Winters B, Brenan-Rothschild K. Chapter 54: HAZMAT in the Operating Room. In: Anesthesia Unplugged. Gallagher C, et al, eds. McGraw-Hill 2012.
- Bloodless Medicine and Surgery, Autologous Hemodilution, Cell Salvage, Blood Conservation, Anesthesia Information Management Systems
American Society of Anesthesiologists