Education and Experience
- University of Virginia School of Medicine (Charlottesville VA)/ (2004)
- University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore MD)/ Neurology (2008)
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore MD)/ Neurology (2010)
- Neurology, American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (2008)
Neurology - Epilepsy
- Epilepsy Center
Dr. Cervenkas research focuses on language mapping in the brain in preparation for epilepsy surgery. She also studies the efficacy of the modified Atkins diet in the treatment of adults with epilepsy.
Dr. Cervenka completed her undergraduate studies at the University of Virginia and received her medical degree from the University of Virginia School of Medicine. She then completed her internship in internal medicine and residency in neurology at the University of Maryland Medical Center. Dr. Cervenka completed a fellowship in epilepsy and clinical neurophysiology at Johns Hopkins.
Dr. Cervenka currently sees patients in The Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center on Monday and Wednesday afternoons. She also sees patients in The Johns Hopkins Adult Epilepsy Diet Center on Friday mornings once a month.
- Epilepsy and Pregnancy
- Ketogenic diet
- Efficacy of the modified Atkins diet in the treatment of adults with epilepsy
- Language mapping in the brain in preparation for epilepsy surgery