Education and Experience
- Baylor College of Medicine (Houston TX)/ (2001)
- University of Maryland Medical System (Baltimore MD)/ Internal Medicine (2005)
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore MD)/ Oncology (2010)
- Medical Oncology, American Board of Internal Medicine (2008)
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine (2004)
- Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center
Meyer received his bachelors and masters degrees in cell and molecular biology from Stanford University. From there, he joined the Medical Scientist Training Program at Baylor College of Medicine and earned his medical degree followed by a doctorate in immunology. Meyer completed his residency at the University of Maryland and served as chief resident in medicine from 2004-2005.
Afterward, he joined our fellowship program in medical oncology and has been working in the laboratory of Jonathan Powell, M.D., Ph.D., on projects relating to the characterization of molecular regulatory pathways involved in T-cell activation and energy. As a third-year fellow, Meyer served as the chief fellow for our Training Programs in Hematology and Medical Oncology and he received a Young Investigator Award from the American Society of Clinical Oncology in 2010.
- Connective Tissue Diseases
- Medical Oncology