Education and Experience
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (Philadelphia PA)/ (1999)
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia PA)/ Neurology (2005)
- University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester NY)/ Movement Disorders (2007)
- Neurology, American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (2006)
- Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders Center
His research focuses on the development of new treatments for movement disorders and the development of better ways to deliver care, including telemedicine, for individuals with neurological conditions. Using simple web-based video conferencing (akin to Skype), Dr. Dorsey and his colleagues are caring for patients with Parkinson disease and related conditions directly in their communities and homes with a vision of caring for individuals anywhere they live.
Dr. Ray Dorsey received his medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, completed his internship at Evanston Hospital and his residency in neurology at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. He then completed an NIH-funded fellowship in movement disorders and experimental therapeutics at the University of Rochester.
- Huntington's Disease
- Parkinson's Disease