Education and Experience
- University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine (Aurora CO)/ (2006)
- Yale - New Haven Hospital (New Haven CT)/ General Surgery (2011)
- Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston MA)/ Endocrine Surgery (2012)
- Surgery, American Board of Surgery (2011)
- Division of Endocrine Surgery
An alumnus of the National Institutes of Health Medical Scientist Training Program, Dr. Prescott leads a dedicated basic science research team that focuses on the mechanisms of thyroid oncogenesis, specifically studying the molecular underpinnings of tumor invasion and metastasis. Dr. Prescott's work in this area has been published in peer-reviewed journals, and he has written numerous book chapters on the surgical management of endocrine disease.
Dr. Prescott's primary language is English, but he is also proficient in German.
On a personal level, Dr. Prescott attempts to remain well rounded outside of the hospital, participating in activities such as underwater archaeological excavation of bronze-age Mediterranean cities and Tae Kwon Do, in which he holds a Black Belt.
- Endocrine Diseases
- Facelift Approach (scarless) Robot Assisted Thyroid Surgery
- General Surgery
- Parathyroid Disorders
- Parathyroid Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
- Thyroid Cancer
- Thyroid Diseases
- Thyroid Surgery
- Thyroid Tumors
- Molecular basis of thyroid malignancies