Education and Experience
- Harvard Medical School (Boston MA)/ (2004)
- Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston MA)/ Internal Medicine (2007)
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore MD)/ Cardiology (2011)
- Interventional Cardiology, American Board of Internal Medicine (2011)
- Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine (2010)
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine (2009)
Medicine - Cardiology
- Heart and Vascular Institute
- Acute Coronary Care
- Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Cardiac Disease
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Cardiovascular Disease in Women
- Cardiovascular Interventions
- Cardiovascular Medicine
- Chest pain
- Chronic Total Coronary Occlusion
- Chronic Total Occlusions
- Circulatory Support Devices
- Clinical Cardiology
- Coronary Angiography
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease, Premature
- Coronary Artery Stenting
- General Cardiology
- Heart Attack
- Heart Disease
- Heart Disease Prevention and Treatment in Women
- High Cholesterol
- Interventional Cardiology
- Invasive Cardiology
- Ischemic Heart Disease
- Laser Atherectomy
- Myocardial Infarction
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
- Percutaneous Treatment of Valvular Stenosis
- Peripheral Angiography
- Pharmacologic Agents to Improve Outcome of PTCA and Stenting
- Right Heart Catheterization
- Rotational Atherectomy
- Stress Testing
- Stress-induced Cardiomyopathy
- Trans-Radial Intervention
- Transthoracic Echocardiogram
- Treatment of Bypass Graft Disease with Distal Protection Devices
- Valvular Disease
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Valvuloplasty for Valvular Stenosis
2. Hwang CW, Wu D, Edelman ER. Stent-based delivery is associated with marked spatial variations in drug distribution. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2001 Feb;37(2) Supp A:1-2A.
3. Hwang CW, Wu D, Edelman ER. Physiological transport forces govern drug distribution for stent-based delivery. Circulation. 2001 Jul 31; 104(5): 600-605.
4. Lovich MA, Creel C, Hong K, Hwang CW, Edelman ER. Carrier proteins determine local pharmacokinetics and arterial distribution of Paclitaxel. J Pharm Sci. 2001 Sep; 90(9): 1324-1335.
5. Hwang CW and Edelman ER. Arterial ultrastructure influences transport of locally delivered drugs. Circ Res. 2002 Apr 19; 90(7): 826-832.
6. Janicki C, Hwang CW, Edelman ER. Dose model for stent-based delivery of a radioactive compound for the treatment of restenosis in coronary arteries. Med Phys. 2003 Oct; 30(10): 2622-2628.
7. Hwang CW, Wu D, Edelman ER. Impact of transport and drug properties on the local pharmacology of drug-eluting stents. Int J Cardiovasc Intervent. 2003; 5(1): 7-12.
8. Levin AD, Vukmirovic N, Hwang CW, Edelman ER. Specific binding to intracellular proteins determines arterial transport properties for Rapamycin and Paclitaxel. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2004 Jun 22; 101(25):9463-7.
9. Saxena V, Hwang CW, Huang S, Eichbaum Q, Ingber D, Orgill D. Vacuum-Assisted Closure: Microdeformations of wounds and cell proliferation. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2004 Oct; 114(5):1086-1096.
10. Hwang CW, Levin AD, Jonas M, Li PH, Edelman ER. Thrombosis modulates arterial drug distribution for drug-eluting stents. Circulation. 2005 Apr 5; 111(13): 1619-1626.
11. Levin AD, Jonas M, Hwang CW, Edelman ER. Local and systemic drug competition in drug-eluting stent tissue deposition properties. J Control Release. 2005 Dec 5; 109(1-3):236-43.
12. Hwang CW and Edelman ER. Principles of continuum pharmacokinetics in stent-based drug elution, in Handbook of Drug-Eluting Stents, Serruys PW and Gershlick AH, eds. London, United Kingdom: Taylor & Francis Press, 2005: 47-56.
13. Le KN, Hwang CW, Tzafriri AR, Lovich MA, Edelman ER. Local therapeutic angiogenesis is limited by microvascular clearance. Circulation. 2008 Oct 28; 118(18), S457, Abstract 3642.
14. Le KN, Hwang CW, Tzafriri AR, Lovich MA, Hayward A, Edelman ER. Vascular regeneration by local growth factor release is self-limited by microvascular clearance. Circulation. 2009 Jun 9; 119(22): 2928-2935.
15. Blumenthal RS, Hwang CW, Nasir K. Selective use of coronary artery calcium screening: Worth the cost? J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009 Sep 29; 54(14): 1268-1270.
- Optimization of PCI and stent-based drug delivery using computational fluid dynamics
- Cell-based therapy for the heart and peripheral vasculature
- Active sensing drug delivery systems