Education and Experience
- Yale University School of Medicine (New Haven CT)/ (2002)
- Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston MA)/ Internal Medicine (2005)
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore MD)/ Cardiology (2012)
- Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine (2010)
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine (2005)
- Heart and Vascular Institute
2002 Alpha Omega Alpha
2009 Fellow Teaching Award: Recognized by Medicine Housestaff as most outstanding teacher in department of medicine
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
Bansal S, Buring JE, Rifai N, Mora S, Sacks FM, Ridker PM. Fasting compared with nonfasting triglycerides and risk of cardiovascular events in women. JAMA 2007;298:309-16.
Bansal S, Ridker PM. Comparison of characteristics of future myocardial infarctions in women with baseline high versus baseline low levels of high-sensitivity C-reactive protein. Am J Cardiol 2007;99:1500-3.
Blaha MJ, Bansal S, Rouf R, Golden SH, Blumenthal RS, Defilippis AP. A practical "ABCDE" approach to the metabolic syndrome. Mayo Clin Proc 2008;83:932-41.
Everett BM, Bansal S, Rifai N, Buring JE, Ridker PM. Interleukin-18 and the risk of future cardiovascular disease among initially healthy women. Atherosclerosis 2009;202:282-8.
Zhang Y, Post WS, Dalal D, Bansal S, Blasco-Colmenares E, Jan De Beur S, Alonso A, Soliman EZ, Whitsel EA, Brugada R, Tomaselli GF, Guallar E. Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D, calcium, phosphorus, and electrocardiographic QT interval duration: findings from NHANES III and ARIC. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2011;96:1873-82.