Education and Experience
- UMDNJ - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (Piscataway NJ)/ (2004)
- Mount Sinai Medical Center (New York NY)/ Medicine (2006)
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore MD)/ Medical Oncology (2011)
- Medical Oncology, American Board of Internal Medicine (2009)
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine (2008)
- Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center
- General Internal Medicine
- Pancreatic Cancer
2. Haluska P, Saleem A, Rasheed Z, Ahmed F, Su EW, Liu LF, Rubin EH. Interaction between topoisomerase I and a novel ring-finger/arginine-serine protein. Nucleic Acids Research, 27(12):2538-2544, 1999.
3. Rasheed ZA, Saleem A, Ravee Y, Pandolfi PP, Rubin EH. "The topoisomerase I-binding RING protein, topors, is associated with promyelocytic leukemia nuclear bodies." Experimental Cell Research, 277(2):152-160, 2002.
4. Saleem A, Dutta J, Malegaonkar D, Rasheed F, Rasheed Z, Rajendra R, Marshall H, Luo M, Li H, Rubin EH. "The topoisoerase I- and p53-binding protein topors is differentially expressed in normal and malignant human tissues and may function as a tumor suppressor." Oncogene, 23(31):5293-5300, 2004.
5. Rajendra R, Malegaonkar D, Pungaliya P, Marshall H, Rasheed Z, Brownell J,Liu L, Lutzker S, Saleem A, Rubin EH. "Topors functions as an E3 ubiquitin ligase with specific E2 enzymes and ubiquitinates p53." Journal of Biological Chemistry, 279(35):36440-36444, 2004.
6. Jimeno A, Feldmann G, Surez-Gauthier A, Rasheed Z, Solomon A, Zou GM,Rubio-Viqueira B, Garca-Garca E, Lpez-Ros F, Matsui W, Maitra A, Hidalgo M. A direct pancreatic cancer xenograft model as a platform for cancer stem cell therapeutic development. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, 8(2):310-314, 2009.
7. Rasheed ZA, Yang J, Wang Q, Kowalski J, Freed I, Murter C, Hong SM, Koorstra JB, Rajeshkumar NV, Goggins M, Iacobuzio-Donahue C, Laheru D,Jimeno A, Hidalgo M, Maitra A, Matsui WH. Mesenchymal features dictate the clinical relevance of cancer stem cells in pancreatic adenocarcinoma. JNCI, 102(5):340-351, 2010.
8. Rajeshkumar NV, Rasheed ZA, Garca-Garca E, Lpez-Ros F, Fujiwara K,Matsui WH, Hidalgo M. The DR-5 agonist Tigatuzumab, targets pancreatic cancer stem cells and results in long term cures, in combination with GEM, in
direct pancreatic cancer xenografts. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, 9(9):2582- 2592, 2010.
9. Rasheed ZA,* Ishizawa K,* Karisch R, Wang Q, Kowalski J, Susky E, Pereira K,Karamboulas C, Moghal N, Rajeshkumar NV, Hidalgo M, Tsao M, Ailles L,Waddell T, Maitra A, Neel BG, Matsui W. Tumor-initiating cells are rare in many human tumors. Cell Stem Cell, 7(3):279-282, 2010. *Co-first authors.
10. Rasheed ZA, Wang Q, Matsui W. Isolation of stem cells from human pancreatic cancer xenografts. Journal of Visual Experimentation, 2010 Sep 26;(43), doi: 10.3791/2169.
11. Rasheed ZA, Kowalski J, Smith BD, Matsui W. "Concise review: Emerging concepts in clinical targeting of cancer stem cells." Stem Cells, 29(6):883-887, 2011.
12. Feldmann G, Mishra A, Bisht S, Garrido-Laguna I, Rasheed Z, Ottenhof N, Dadon T, Alvarezm H, Fendrich V, Rajeshkumar NV, Matsui W, Brossart P, Hidalgo M, Bannerji R, Maitra A, Nelkin BD. Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor
Dinaciclib (SCH727965) inhibits pancreatic cancer growth and progression in murine xenograft models. Caner Biology & Therapy, 12(7): Epub ahead of print, 2011.
- pancreatic cancer
2009 Board Certified in Medical Oncology
- A phase II study of gemcitabine and nab-paclitaxel in combination with GDC-0449 (Hedgehog inhibitor) in patients with previously untreated metastatic adenocarcinoma of the pancreas.