Education and Experience
- University of Rochester (Rochester NY)/ (2003)
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia PA)/ Neurology (2007)
- University of California San Francisco School of Med (San Francisco CA)/ Neurology (2009)
- Neurology, American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (2008)
- Multiple Sclerosis Center
Dr. Mowry joined the Johns Hopkins Department of Neurology as an Assistant Professor in July, 2011. In addition to ongoing studies, she is launching a multicenter randomized controlled trial of vitamin D supplementation in MS.
- Multiple Sclerosis
1. Mowry EM, Deen S, Malikova I, Pelletier J, Bacchetti P, Waubant E. The onset location of multiple sclerosis predicts the location of subsequent relapses J Neurol Neurosurg Psych 2009;80:400-403.
2. Okuda DT, Mowry EM, Beheshtian A, Waubant E, Baranzini SE, Goodin DS, Hauser SL, Pelletier D. Incidental MRI anomalies suggestive of multiple sclerosis: the radiologically isolated syndrome Neurology 2009;72:800-805.
3. Mowry EM, Pesic M, Grimes B, Deen S, Bacchetti P, Waubant E. Demyelinating events in early multiple sclerosis have inherent severity and recovery. Neurology 2009;72:602-608.
4. Mowry EM, Pesic M, Grimes B, Deen S, Bacchetti P, Waubant E. Clinical predictors of early second event in patients with clinically isolated syndrome. Journal of Neurology 2009;256:1061-1066.
5. Mowry EM, Loguidice MJ, Daniels AB, Jacobs DA, Markowitz CE, Galetta SL, Nano-Schiavo ML, Cutter GR, Maguire MG, Balcer LJ. Vision-related quality of life in multiple sclerosis: correlation with new measures of low- and high-contrast letter acuity. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2009;80:767-772.
6. Mowry EM, Beheshtian A, Waubant E, Goodin DS, Cree BA, Qualley P, Lincoln R, George MF, Gomez R, Hauser SL, Okuda DT, Pelletier D. Quality of life in multiple sclerosis is associated with lesion burden and brain volume measures. Neurology 2009;72:1760-1765.
7. Waubant E, Chabas D, Okuda DT, Glenn OA, Mowry E, Henry R, Strober J, Soares B, Wintermark M, Pelletier D. Pediatric patients have a higher disease burden and activity on brain MRI at time of MS onset than adults. Arch Neurol 2009;66:967-971.
8. Mowry EM, Krupp LB, Milazzo M, Chabas D, Strober JB, Belman AL, McDonald JC, Oksenberg JR, Bacchetti P, Waubant E. Vitamin D status is associated with relapse rate in pediatric-onset multiple sclerosis. Ann Neurol 2010;67:618-624.
9. Mowry EM, Julian LJ, Im-Wang S, Chabas D, Galvin AJ, Strober JB, Waubant E. Health-related quality of life is reduced in early pediatric multiple sclerosis. Pediatr Neurol 2010;43:97-102.
10. Okuda DT, Mowry EM, Cree BA, Crabtree EC, Goodin DS, Waubant E, Pelletier D. Asymptomatic spinal cord lesions predict clinical progression in radiologically isolated syndrome. Neurology 2011;76:686-692.
11. Mowry EM, James JT, Krupp LB, Waubant E. Vitamin D status and antibody levels to common viruses in pediatric-onset multiple sclerosis. Mult Scler 2011;17:666-671.
12. Castillo-Trivino T, Mowry EM, Chabas D, Crabtree-Hartman E, Cree BA, Goodin DS, Green AJ, Hauser SL, Okuda DT, Pelletier D, Zamvil SS, Vittinghoff E, Waubant E. Efficacy of natalizumab in multiple sclerosis patients with breakthrough disease on first-line therapies PLoS One 2011;3:e16664.
13. Waubant E, Mowry EM, Krupp L, Chitnis T, Yeh AE, Kuntz N, Ness J, Chabas D, Strober J, McDonald J, Belman A, Milazzo M, Gorman M, Weinstock-Guttman B, Rodriguez M, Oksenberg J, James J. Common childhood viruses and HLA-DRB1 as susceptibility factors for pediatric-onset MS. Neurology 2011;76:1989-1995.
- The role of vitamin D in MS