Education and Experience
- University of Texas Health Science Center (1999)
- Oregon Health Sciences University Hospital (2003)
- University of California, Los Angeles (2005)
- Internal, American Board of Internal Medicine (2003)
Dr. Patel also has a deep understanding of Capitol Hill from her time spent on the late Senator Edward Kennedys staff. As deputy staff director on health, she served as a policy analyst and trusted aide to the Senator and was part of the senior staff of the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee under Sen. Kennedys leadership. She also has an extensive research and clinical background, having worked as a researcher at the RAND Corporation and as a practicing physician in both California and Oregon. She is also a previous Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholar.
Currently, Dr. Patel is also the managing director for clinical transformation and delivery at the Brookings Institution Engelberg Center for Health Care Reform.
- Internal Medicine
- Director, Health Policy Program, New America Foundation
- Director of Policy, Office of Intergovernmental Affairs and Public Engagement
- Deputy Staff Director for the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee under chairman Senator Edward Kennedy.