Education and Experience
- Brown University School of Medicine (Providence RI)/ (2001)
- Oregon Health & Science University (Portland OR)/ Dermatology (2005)
- Dermatology, American Board of Dermatology (2005)
Dermatology - Cosmetic Dermatology
Dermatology - General Dermatology
Dr. Sheu is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology and American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. She has presented her work at national and international meetings and has published in peer reviewed dermatology journals.
In addition to general dermatology, skin cancer screening and treatment, Dr. Sheu offers cosmetic consultation and services including:
-laser hair removal
-laser skin rejuvenation
-sclerotherapy for leg veins
Dr. Sheu is currently accepting new patients. Please call (410) 847-3767 to schedule an appointment or consultation.
2001 Brown School of Medicine Outstanding Medical Student Ranking
1996 Community Service Leadership Award
1995 Program in Liberal Medical Education Research Assistantship Award
1994 Program in Liberal Medical Education Research Assistantship Award
- Cosmetic Dermatology
- Cutaneous Laser Surgery
- Dermatologic Surgery
- Laser Therapy
- Skin Cancer
Dermatologist, Menlo Medical Clinic
Clinical Instructor, Johns Hopkins School od Medicine Department of Dermatology
2000 Peter Elias, MD, DEPARTMENT OF DERMATOLOGY
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA , SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Investigated the immunomodulatory potential of PPAR-alpha and LXR nuclear receptor ligands on inflammatory skin disorders. Assisted with clinical trials for the treatment of atopic dermatitis.
2000 John Koo, MD, PSORIASIS CENTER, DEPARTMENT OF DERMATOLOGY
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Assisted with clinical trials for the treatment for psoriasis and atopic dermatitis.
1997-2000 Timothy Flanigan, MD, DIVISION OF INFECTIOUS DISEASE
BROWN UNIVERSITY, PROVIDENCE, RI
Examined risk factors for criminal incarceration among a cohort of HIV+ and high-risk HIV- women.
1997 William Cioffi, MD and Irshad Chaudry, SHOCK AND TRAUMA SURGERY LABORATORY BROWN UNIVERSITY, PROVIDENCE, RI
Investigated the role of the skin in the hemorrhagic shock cytokine response in mice.
1994-1995 Robert Valentini, MD, PhD ARTIFICIAL ORGANS AND BIOMATERIALS LABORATORY
BROWN UNIVERSITY, PROVIDENCE, RI
Manufactured a polymer nerve guidance channel drug delivery system to enhance peripheral nerve regeneration in vivo.
1992-1994 Hong Fong Mark, MD, CYTOGENETICS LABORATORY
RHODE ISLAND HOSPITAL, PROVIDENCE, RI
Developed a fluorescent in situ hybridization assay for detecting chromosomal abnormalities in human sperm cells.
1. Marchetti M and Sheu M: The sign of Lesser Trelat: an unusual presentation of male breast cancer. Submitted.
2. Sheu M, Simpson E, Sandra Law and Storrs F: Allergic contact dermatitis from a natural deodorant: a report of 4 cases associated with lichen allergy mix. JAAD 2006; 55(2) 332-337.
3. Fowler AJ, Sheu M, Schmuth M, Kao J, Fluhr JW, Rhein L, Collins JL, Willson TM, Mangelsdorf DJ, Elias PM, Feingold KR. Liver X receptor activators display anti-inflammatory activity in irritant and allergic contact dermatitis models: liver-X-receptor-specific inhibition of inflammation and primary cytokine production. J Invest Dermatol 2003;120(2): 246-55.
4. Sheu M, Hogan J, Allsworth J, Stein M, Vlahov D, Schoenbaum EE, Schuman P, Gardner L, Flanigan T. Continuity of medical care and risk of incarceration in HIV-positive and high-risk HIV-negative women. J Womens Health 2002; 11(8):743-50.
5. Chamlin SL, Kao J, Frieden IJ, Sheu MY, Fowler AJ, Fluhr JW, Williams ML, Elias PM. Ceramide-dominant barrier repair lipids alleviate childhood atopic dermatitis: changes in barrier function provide a sensitive indicator of disease activity. JAAD 2002; 47(2):198-208.
6. Sheu M, Fauteux G, Chang H, Taylor W, Stopa E, Robinson-Bostom L. Sinus Pericranii: Dermatologic Considerations and Literature Review. JAAD 2002;46(6):934-41.
7. Sheu MY, Fowler AJ, Kao J, Schmuth M, Schoonjans K, Auwerx J, Fluhr JW, Man MQ, Elias PM, Feingold KR. Topical peroxisome proliferator activated receptor-alpha activators reduce inflammation in irritant and allergic contact dermatitis models. J Invest Dermatol 2002;118(1): 94-101.
8. Chamlin SL, Frieden IJ, Fowler A, Williams M, Kao J, Sheu M, Elias PM. Ceramide-dominant, barrier-repair lipids improve childhood atopic dermatitis. Arch Dermatol 2001;137(8): 1110-2.
9. Sheu M, Koo J. Update on the Use of Retinoids in the Chemoprevention and Treatment of Skin Cancer. International Journal of Dermatology. Accepted October 26, 2000.
10. Sheu M, Koo J. Corticosteroids and Risk of Rebound and Pustular Conversion in Psoriasis. Psoriasis Forum, Fall 2000.
11. Mark HF, Sheu M, Lopes L, Campagnone J, Takezawa K, Santoro K, Sigman M. Towards the development of a fluorescent in situ hybridization based genotoxicologic assay for aneuploidy in sperm. Cytobios 1995;82:171-180.
American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
Maryland Dermatologic Society