Education and Experience
- Heinrich Heine University (Dusseldorf )/ (1992)
- Graduate Hospital (Philadelphia PA)/ Internal Medicine (2001)
- Glasgow Royal Infirmary (United Kingdom )/ Accident & Emergency (1995)
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School (Dallas TX)/ Cardiology (2005)
- Cardiovascular Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine (2005)
Medicine - Cardiology
- Heart and Vascular Institute
Dr. Zadeh was co-investigator and assistant director of the CorE-64 CT core laboratory. He currently directs the CT coronary angiography core laboratory for the CorE-320 multicenter trial and is member of its steering committee. He is member of the SCCT guideline committee, which recently published guidelines for the acquisition and interpretation of cardiac CT. He the current chairmain for the Toshiba Young Investigator Competition by the SCCT.
Dr. Zadehs particular clinical and investigational focus is the pursuit of strategies to better identify patients at risk for future cardiac events. Dr. Zadeh is board certified in internal medicine, cardiology, and cardiovascular CT. He reviews manucripts for numerous scientific journals, including JACC, JACCimaging, JCCT, AJR, Heart, AJC, and is an author of articles in Circulation, New England Journal of Medicine, JACC, AHJ, and others. Together with Drs. Cury and Weigold, he edited a CBCCT exmination preparation book, which was published by the SCCT in 2009.
Finalist, National Cardiology Fellow Forum of Excellence
Fellow, American College of Cardiology
Clinician Scientist Award, Johns Hopkins University
- Cardiac Imaging
- Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Chest Pain Syndrome
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Critical Care Medicine
- CT Angiography
- Heart Attack
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- Preventive Cardiology
- Thoracic Imaging
Co-Director, Board Examination Review Course, Society of Cardiovascular CT
Director, Cardiac CT Core Laboratory, The CorE-320 Multicenter Study
Steering Committee, The CorE-320 Multicenter Study
1. Arbab-Zadeh A, Kimura BJ, Bhargava V. Can Intravascular Ultrasound Reliably and Precisely Differentiate Coronary Plaque Composition? International Journal of Cardiac Imaging 1997;13:133-135.
2. Arbab-Zadeh A, DeMaria AN, Penny WF, Kimura BJ, Russo RJ, Bhargava V. Axial Movement of the Intravascular Ultrasound Catheter During the Cardiac Cycle. American Heart Journal 1999;138:865-872.
3. Arbab-Zadeh A, Blum R, Phillips P, Kimura BJ. Intravascular Ultrasound Assessment and Stenting of a Coronary Polytetrafluoroethylene Graft. Journal of Invasive Cardiology: 2001;13:605- 607.
4. Arbab-Zadeh A, Russo RJ, Jani SK, Bhargava V, Tripuraneni P, Lucisano J, Teirstein PS. A Comparison of Centered Versus Non-Centered Source for Intracoronary Radiation Therapy: A Model Based on the SCRIPPS Trial. American Heart Journal 2002;143(2): 342-348.
5. Arbab-Zadeh A, Mehta R, Mahmud E, Ziegler TW, Oglevie SB, DeMaria AN, Bhargava V. Vascular Access Assessment with Intravascular Ultrasound. American Journal of Kidney Diseases 2002;39(4):813-823.
6. Arbab-Zadeh A, Crandall C, Levine BD. Thermoregulation in Patients with Cardiac Disease. Journal for Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation 2002;22:38-39.
7. Fu Q, Arbab-Zadeh A, Perhonen M, Zhang R, Zuckerman J, Levine BD. Hemodynamics in Orthostatic Intolerance: Implications for Gender Differences. American Journal of Physiology: Heart and Circulatory Physiology 2004; 286:H449-H457.
8. Arbab-Zadeh A, Dijk E, Prasad A, Torres P, Fu Q, Zhang R, Thomas J, Palmer DM, Levine BD. Effect of Aging and Physical Activity on Left Ventricular Compliance. Circulation 2004;110 (13): 1799-1805.
9. Arbab-Zadeh A. A routine invasive strategy for elderly patients with unstable angina or non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction? Annals of Internal Medicine electronic pages 2004;September 13.
10. Arbab-Zadeh A, Levine BD, Trost J, Lange RA, Keeley E, Hillis LD, Cigarroa JE. The Effect of Hypoxemia on Coronary Vasomotor Tone in Subjects with Coronary Artery Disease. Cardiology. 2008 Dec 18;113:149-154
11. Cui J, Arbab-Zadeh A, Prasad A, Durand S, Levine BD, Crandall CG. Effects of Heat Stress on Thermoregulatory Responsed in Congestive Heart Failure Patients. Circulation 2005;112:2286-92.
12. George R, Arbab-Zadeh A, Schuleri K, Kitagawa K, Lima JAC, Lardo AC. Myocardial Stress Perfusion Imaging Using Computed Tomography. Circ Imag 2009;2:174-82.
13. Kitagawa K, George RT, Arbab-Zadeh A, Lima JAC, Lardo AC. Characterization and Correction of Beam Hardening Artifacts during Dynamic Volume Computed Tomography Myocardial Perfusion Imaging. Radiology 2010: in press.
14. Gottlieb I, Miller JM, Arbab-Zadeh A, Marc Dewey, Melvin E. Clouse, Leonardo Sara, Hiroyuki Niinuma, David E. Bush, Narinder Paul, Andrea L. Vavere, John Texter, Jeffery Brinker, Joo AC Lima, Carlos E Rochitte. The Absence of Coronary Calcification Does Not Exclude Obstructive Coronary Artery Disease or the Need for Revascularization in Patients Referred for Conventional Coronary Angiography. J Am Coll Cardiol 2010:55:627-34.
15. Hof I, Arbab-Zadeh A, Scherr D, Chilukuri K, Dalal D, Abraham T, Lima JAC, Calkins H. Correlation of Left Atrial Diameter by Echocardiography and Left Atrial Volume by Computed Tomography. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2009;20:159-63.
16. Miller JM, Rochitte C, Dewey M, Arbab-Zadeh A, Niinuma H, Gottlieb I, Paul N, Clouse M, Shapiro E, Hoe J, Lardo AC, Bush D, de Roos A, Cox C, Brinker J, Lima JAC. Coronary Artery Evaluation using 64-Row Multidetctor Computed Tomography Angiography. NEJM 2008; 359:2324-36.
17. Arbab-Zadeh A. Medical Therapy vs. Percutaneous Coronary Intervention for Patients with Stable Cornary Artery Disease. J Am Coll Cardiol 2009 Feb 10;53:528-9.
18. Abbara S, Arbab-Zadeh A, Callister TQ, Desai MY, Mamuya W, Thomson L, Guy Weigold W. SCCT guidelines for performance of coronary computed tomographic angiography: A report of the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography Guidelines Committee. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr 2009;3:190-204.
19. Wykrzykowska JJ, Arbab-Zadeh A, Godoy G, Miller JM, Lin S, Vavere A, Paul N, Niinuma H, Hoe J, Brinker J, Khosa F, Sarwar S, Lima J, Clouse ME. Assessment of in-stent restenosis using 64-MDCT: analysis of the CORE-64 Multicenter International Trial. Am J Roentgenol 2010;194:85-92.
20. Arbab-Zadeh A, Lardo A, Miller JH, Vavere A, Lima AC. Accuracy of Computed Tomography for Assessing Complex Vessel Lumen Dimensions in Comparison with Conventional Angiography. Heart 2010;in press.
Arbab-Zadeh A, Cury R, Poon M, Weigold WG, editors. Cardiovascular CT Board Preparation by the SCCT. Society of Cardiovascular CT; 2009.
- Coronary risk prediction
- Coronary/cardiac imaging
- Coronary circulation and disease
- Prevention of Cardiac Events
- New approaches to identify patients at risk for suffering heart attacks
- Cardiac Computed Tomography
American Medical Association
American Society of Internal Medicine
American College of Cardiology
Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- Coronary Atherosclerosis
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Cardiac Computed Tomography