Education and Experience
- University of Rochester (Rochester NY)/ (2000)
- Montefiore University Hospital/UPMC (Pittsburgh PA)/ Internal Medicine (2003)
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh PA)/ (2002)
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (Pittsburgh PA)/ (2005)
- Geriatric Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine (2005)
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine (2004)
Medicine - Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology
- General Internal Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
Cayea D, Perera S, Weiner D. Chronic low back pain in older adults: What physicians know, what they think they know, and what they should be taught. J Am Geriatr Soc 2006; 54(11):1772-1777.
Cayea D, Durso SC. Management of diabetes in the ursing home. Annals of Long-Term Care. 2007; 15(5):27-33.
Cayea D, Boyd CM, Durso SC. Individualizing Therapy for Older Adults with Diabetes Mellitus. Drugs & Aging 2007; 24:851-863.
Levine R, Cayea D, Shochet R, Wright S. A mid-clerkship crisis: Lessons learned from advising a medical student with career indecision. Acad Med 2010; 85(4):654-659.
- Development of curriculum to teach trainees about the care of older adults with complex health status
- Development and evaluation of curriculum designed to teach internal medicine residents and medical students about the care of older adults in the hospital and ambulatory settings