Education and Experience
- Russian State Medical University (Moscow )/ (1993)
- Washington Hospital Center (Washington DC)/ Pathology (2005)
- Russian State Medical University (Moscow )/ Internal Medicine (1995)
- Anatomic Pathology, American Board of Pathology (2008)
Young investigator Award, poster presentation
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Department of Pathology, 2006
International Journal of Gynecological Pathology. 2004; 23 (2):176-79
2. Vang R, Gown AM, Barry TS, Wheeler DT, Yemelyanova A, Seidman JD,
Ronnett BM; Cytokeratins 7 and 20 in primary and secondary mucinous tumors of the ovary: Analysis of Coordinate Immunohistochemical Expression Profiles and Staining Distribution in 179 Cases. Am J Surg Pathol. 2006; 30(9):1130-9.
3. Seidman JD, Horkayne-Szakaly I, Cosin JA, Ryu H, Haiba M, Boice CR,
Yemelyanova AV; Testing of two binary grading systems for FIGO stage III serous carcinoma of the ovary and peritoneum. Gynecol Oncol. 2006; 103(2):703-8.
4. Vang R, Gown AM, Wu LS, Barry TS, Wheeler DT, Yemelyanova A, Seidman JD, Ronnett BM. Immunohistochemical expression of CDX2 in primary ovarian mucinous tumors and metastatic mucinous carcinomas involving the ovary: comparison with CK20 and correlation with coordinate expression of CK7. Mod Pathol. 2006, 19(11):1421-8.
5. Vang R, Gown A, Farinola M, Barry T, Wheeler D, Yemelyanova A, Seidman J, Judson K, Ronnett BM; P16 Expression in Primary Ovarian Mucinous and Endometrioid Tumors and Metastatic Adenocarcinomas in the Ovary: Utility for Identification of Metastatic HPV-Related Endocervical Adenocarcinomas. Am J Surg Pathol. 2007; 31(5): 653-663
6. Hristov AC, Young RH, Vang R, Yemelyanova A, Seidman JD, Ronnett BM;
Ovarian Metastases of Appendiceal Tumors with Goblet Cell Carcinoid-Like
Patterns: A Report of 29 Cases with Clinicopathologic and Immunohistochemical Features Supporting Designation as Adenocarcinoma Rather Than Carcinoid. Am J Surg Pathol, 2007; 31(10):1502-11
7. Yemelyanova A, Vang RS, Judson K, Wu LS, Ronnett BM; Distinction of Primary and Metastatic Mucinous Tumors Involving the Ovary: Analysis of Size and Laterality Data by Primary Site with Re-evaluation of an Algorithm for Tumor Classification
Am J Surg Pathol, 2008; 32(1): 128-38
8. Yemelyanova A, Cosin J, Bidus MA Boice CR, Seidman JD; Pathology of stage I versus stage III ovarian carcinoma with implications for pathogenesis and screening. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2008; 18(3):465-9
9. Judson K, McCormick C, Vang R, Yemelyanova AV, Wu LS, Bristow RE, Ronnett BM; Women with Undiagnosed Colorectal Adenocarcinomas Presenting with Ovarian Metastases: Clinicopathologic Features and Comparison with Women Having Known Colorectal Adenocarcinomas and Ovarian Involvement. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2008; 27(2):182-90
10. Ronnett BM, Yemelyanova A, Vang RS, Gilks B, Miller D, Gravitt PE, Kurman RJ,
Endocervical Adenocarcinomas with Ovarian Metastases: Analysis of 29 Cases, with Emphasis on Minimally Invasive Cervical Tumors and the Ability of the Metastases to Simulate Primary Ovarian Neoplasms. Am J Surg Pathol. 2008; 32(12):1835-53.
11. Yemelyanova A, Mao TL, Nakayama N, Shih IM, Kurman RJ: Low-grade Serous Carcinoma of the Ovary Displaying a Macropapillary Pattern of Invasion.
Am J Surg Pathol 2008; 32(12):1800-6.
12. Lin Z, Yemelyanova A, Gambhira R, Jagu S, Meyers C, Kirnbauer R, Ronnett BM, Gravitt P, Roden RBS. Expression pattern and subcellular localization of Human papillomavirus minor capsid protein L2. Am J Pathol 2009;174(1):136-43.
13. Yemelyanova A, Vang R, Seidman JD, Gravitt PE, Ronnett BM. Endocervical Adenocarcinomas With Prominent Endometrial or Endomyometrial Involvement Simulating Primary Endometrial Carcinomas: Utility of HPV DNA Detection and Immunohistochemical Expression of p16 and Hormone Receptors to Confirm the Cervical Origin of the Corpus Tumor. Am J Surg Pathol, E-pub, 2009 March 17.
14. Seidman JD, Yemelyanova A, Cosin JA, Bidus MA, Khedmati F, Dainty L, Boice CR; Prognostic Factors For Stage I Ovarian Carcinoma. Int J Gynecol Pathol (in Press, March 2009).
15. Yemelyanova A, Ji H, Shih IM, Wang TL, Wu LS, Ronnett BM; Utility of p16 Expression for Distinction of Uterine Serous Carcinomas from Endometrial Endometrioid and Endocervical Adenocarcinomas: Immunohistochemical Analysis of 201 Cases. Am J Surg Pathol (in Press, April 2009).
College of American Pathologists
American Society for Clinical Pathology
International Society of Gynecological Pathologists