Education and Experience
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (Baltimore MD)/ (1964)
- Johns Hopkins Hospital Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science (Baltimore MD)/ Psychiatry (1969)
- St Elizabeth's Hospital - Commission on Mental Health Services (Washington DC)/ Psychiatry (1968)
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore MD)/ Psychiatry (1967)
- Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (1972)
- Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Denison Research Prize-Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Erik Erikson Scholar in Residence, Austen Riggs Center
Edith Sabshin Teaching Award-American Psychoanalytic Association
- Sexual Disorders
President-Elect, American Psychoanalytic Association
President, American Psychoanalytic Association
Chair, Board of Directors, American Psychoanalytic Association
Chair, Executive Committee, American Psychoanaltic Association
Chair, House of Delegates, International Psychoanalytic Association
Member, Board of Directors, International Psychoanalytic Association
Professor (now Emeritus), Psychiatry and Psychoanalyis, Medical College of Wisconsin
Meyer, J. (1988). The concept of adult psychic structure. 75th Anniversary Supplement, Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association, 36:101-112.
Meyer, J. (1991). The concept of adult psychic structure. In: Shapiro, T., ed., The Concept of Structure in Psychoanalysis. New York: IUP, pp. 101-112. (Reviewed in Am. J. Psychiatry, 151 (5), p. 772, 1994.)
Meyer, J., and Maletic, V. (1991). The clinical and theoretical structures of adult phobias. Psychoanalytic Inquiry, 11:333-350.
Meyer, J. and Debbink, N. (2003). Reanalysis in the career of the psychoanalyst. In: Wyman, H., and Wittenberg, S. eds., Festschrift for Milton Horowitz. Journal of Clinical Psychoanalysis, 12(1): 55-71.
Meyer, J. (2007). Training Analysis and Reanalysis in the Development of a Psychoanalyst. Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association, 55: 1100, 1103-1128.
American College of Psychoanalysts
International Psychoanalytic Association
American Psychiatric Association
Honorary Member, Canadian Psychoanalytic Association
Honorary Member, William Alanson White Psychoanalytic Society
Center for Advanced Psychoanalytic Studies
Washington (DC) Psychoanalytic Society
- Psychoanalysis, Psychoanalytic Process