Education and Experience
- University of Maryland School of Medicine (Baltimore MD)/ (1979)
- University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester NY)/ Internal Medicine (1983)
- The University of Utah (Salt Lake City UT)/ Pathology (1990)
- University of Massachusetts Medical School (Worcester MA)/ Infectious Disease (1986)
- Medical Microbiology, American Board of Pathology (1991)
- Infectious Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine (1988)
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine (1982)
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 N. Wolfe Street
Meyer Room B1-193
Baltimore, MD 21287
Appointment Phone: 410-955-1725
Department / Division
Medicine - Infectious Diseases
Director, Division Medical Microbiology
Awards and Honors
Dr. Carroll has received numerous awards for excellence in teaching.
- General Internal Medicine
Research and Publications
Over 125 peer reviewed publications on diagnostic microbiology of healthcares associated infections, most recently in the areas of healthcare associated infections such as Clostridium difficile, MRSA, VRE and MDR gram negative bacteria.
- Evaluation of diagnostic platforms and epidemiology of healthcare associated infections such as MRSA and Clostridium difficile.
Fellow of the American Academy of Microbiology, the Infectious Diseases Society of America and the College of American Pathologists. Also a member of the American Society of Microbiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiologists of America, American Society for Clinical Pathology.