Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
Education and Experience
- All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (New Delhi - 110029 )/ (1999)
- Tufts - New England Medical Center Hospitals (Boston MA)/ Pediatrics (2002)
- Milton S Hershey Medical Center - GME (Hershey PA)/ Pediatrics (2000)
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore MD)/ Pediatric Infectious Disease (2005)
- General, American Board of Pediatrics-Pediatric (2010)
Pediatrics - Infectious Diseases
- Center for Infection and Inflammation Imaging Research
- Center for Tuberculosis Research
Named amongst Americas Best and the Brightest in the Arts, Sciences and Social change, The Genius Issue & Innovators of 2007, Esquire Magazine
Program Choice Award at the IDSA 2005
Bill and Melinda Gates'''' Foundation Education scholarship Tuberculosis: Integrating Host and Pathogen Biology 2005
Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society Award at the IDSA 2005
IDSA Special citation for fellow-in-training 2005
- Infectious Diseases and International Health
- Pediatric Infectious Disease
2. Jain SK. Index of suspicion. Case 3. Diagnosis: Jaundice. Pediatr Rev. 2001 Aug;22(8):271-6.
3. Jain SK, Gupta A, Glanz B, Dick J, Siberry GK. Antimicrobial-resistant Shigella sonnei: Limited antimicrobial treatment options for children and challenges of interpreting in vitro azithromycin susceptibility. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2005 Jun;24(6):494-497.
4. Jain SK, Persaud D, Perl TM, Pass MA, Murphy KM, Pisciotta JM, Scholl PF, Casella JF, Sullivan DJ. Nosocomial Malaria and Saline Flush. Emerg Infect Dis. 2005 July;11(7):1097-99.
5. Jain SK, Kwon P, Moss WJ. Management and outcomes of intracranial tuberculomas developing during antituberculous therapy: case report and review. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2005 Jun;44(5):443-50.
6. Jain SK, Tunkel DE, Bishai WR. Management of Acute Rhinosinusitis, Bronchitis Syndromes, and Acute Otitis Media. Adv Stud Med. 2005; 5(7):344-350.
7. Bhally HS, Jain S, Shields C, Halsey N, Cristofalo E, Merz WG. Infection in a neonate caused by Pichia fabianii: importance of molecular identification. Med Mycol. 2006 Mar;44(2):185-7.
8. Jain SK, Paul-Satyaseela M, Lamichhane G, Kim KS, Bishai WR. Mycobacterium tuberculosis Invasion and Traversal across an In Vitro Human Blood-Brain Barrier as a Pathogenic Mechanism for Central Nervous System Tuberculosis. J Infect Dis. 2006 May 1;193(9):1287-95.
9. Jain SK, Bishai WR. Adherence, treatment success, and resistance. Infect Dis Clin Pract. 2006 July 14(4) Supplement 4:S15-S18.
10. Hernandez-Abanto S, Woolwine SC, Jain SK, Bishai WR. Tetracycline-inducible gene expression in mycobacteria within an animal host using Streptomyces-derived tetO and tetR regulatory elements. Arch Microbiol. 2006 Dec;186(6):459-64.
11. Jain SK, Hernandez-Abanto S, Cheng Q, Singh P, Ly LH, Klinkenberg G, Morrison NE, Converse PJ, Nuermberger E, Grosset J, McMurray DN, Karakousis PC, Lamichhane G, Bishai WR. Accelerated detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis genes essential for bacterial survival in guinea pigs compared with mice. J Infect Dis. 2007 Jun 1;195(11):1634-42.
12. Jain SK, Lamichhane G, Nimmagadda S, Pomper M, Bishai WR. Antibiotic Treatment of Tuberculosis: Old Problems, New Solutions. Microbe 2008 Jun; 3(6): 285-92.
13. Be N, Lamichhane G, Grosset J, Tyagi S, Cheng Q, Kim KS, Bishai WR, Jain SK. Murine model to study Invasion and Survival of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in the Central Nervous System. J Infect Dis. 2008 Nov 15;198(10):1520-8.
14. Be N, Lamichhane G, Grosset J, Tyagi S, Cheng Q, Kim KS, Bishai WR, Jain SK. Cover Page picture. J Infect Dis. 2008 Nov 15;198(10).
15. Agwu AL, Lee CK, Jain SK, Murray KL, Topolski J, Miller, RE, Townsend T, Lehmann CU. A World Wide Web-based antimicrobial stewardship program improves efficiency, communication, and user satisfaction and reduces cost in a tertiary care pediatric medical center. Clin Infect Dis. 2008 Sep 15;47(6):747-53.
16. Converse PJ, Karakousis PC, Klinkenberg KC, Kesavan AK, Ly LH, Allen SS, Grosset JH, Jain SK, Lamichhane G, Manabe YC, McMurray DN, Nuermberger EL, Bishai WR. The role of the dosR/dosS two-component regulatory system in Mycobacterium tuberculosis virulence in three animal models. Infect Immun. 2009 Mar;77(3):1230-7.
17. Be N, Kim KS, Bishai WR, Jain SK. Pathogenesis of Central Nervous System Tuberculosis. Curr Mol Med. 2009 Mar;9(2):94-9.
18. Vidal C, Hewitt J, Davis S, Younes L, Jain S, Jedynak B. Template Registration with missing parts: Application to the Segmentation of Tuberculosis infected lungs. Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Images (in press).