Assistant Professor of Medicine
Education and Experience
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (Baltimore MD)/ (1996)
- Highland Hospital of Rochester (Rochester NY)/ Internal Medicine & Pediatrics (2000)
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore MD)/ Oncology/ Pediatric Oncology (2004)
- Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, American Board of Pediatrics (2012)
- Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics (2008)
- Hematology, American Board of Internal Medicine (2005)
Pediatrics - Hematology
- Comprehensive Sickle Cell Center
- Hemophilia Comprehensive Treatment Center
- Sickle Cell Center for Adults at Johns Hopkins
CLINICAL RESEARCH SCHOLARS AWARD, American Society of Hematology, July 2006-2009
CLINICAL SCIENTIST DEVELOPMENT AWARD, Doris Duke Charitable Foundation, Dec. 2005-2009.
CLINICAL RESEARCH SCHOLAR, National Institutes of Health, July 2005-June 2006.
BRIGID LEVENTHAL MERIT AWARD for top abstract by a pediatric oncology fellow, ASCO Foundation, 2004.
- Bleeding Disorders
- Blood Disorders
- Clotting Disorders
- Pediatric Hematology
- Sickle Cell Disease
NINDS Stroke Common Data Elements Working Group
American Society of Hematology Public Health Taskforce
American Society of Hematology Committee on Practice, Subcommittee on Quality
American Society of Hematology Scientific Committee on Hemoglobin/Red Cell
Lead, Neurology Work Group, NHLBI-HRSA Hemoglobinopathy Uniform Medical Language Ontology
American Society of Hematology Quality Taskforce, Washington, D.C.
2011 present Steering Committee, Sickle Cell Adult Provider Network
Pediatric Blood and Cancer
British Journal of Haematology
American Journal of Hematology
- Stroke in the young
- Venous thromboembolism
- Sickle cell disease
- Renal medullary carcinoma
DIPLOMATE, American Board of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, 2005 to present
MEMBER, American Society of Hematology, 2005 to present.
FELLOW, American Academy of Pediatrics, 2004 to present.
MEMBER, American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, 2002 to present.
DIPLOMATE, American Board of Internal Medicine, 2000 to present.
DIPLOMATE, American Board of Pediatrics, 2000 to present.
MEMBER, American College of Physician/American Society of Internal Medicine, 1997 to present.
DIPLOMATE, National Board of Medical Examiners, 1997 to present.
- cognitive function
- sickle cell disease