Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Professor of Oncology
Education and Experience
- National Taiwan University Medical School (Taipei )/ (1982)
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore MD)/ Residency / Pathology (1992)
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore MD)/ Senior Clinical Fellow / Pathology (1995)
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore MD)/ Fellowship / Pathology (1993)
- Anatomic Pathology, American Board of Pathology (1992)
- Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center
1979 National Taiwan University - Dr. Shu Yeh Scholarship
1986-1988 JHU, School of Hygiene & Public Health - The Hampil Fellowship
1987 JHU, School of Hygiene & Public Health - The Frederik B. Bank Award
1988 JHU, School of Hygiene & Public Health - The Delta Omega Honorary Society Alpha Chapter.
1994 Binford-Dammin Award - Binford-Dammin Society of International Academy of Pathology
1995 Passano Physician Scientist Award
- Cervical Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancers
1989-1992: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Resident, Department of Pathology
1992 1994: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Clinical Fellow, Department of Pathology
1994 1995: JHU School of Medicine, Instructor, Department of Pathology
1995 - 1997 JHU School of Medicine, Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology
1997 - 2003 JHU School of Medicine, Associate Professor, Departments of Pathology, Oncology,
Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Molecular Microbiology and Immunology
2003 - present JHU School of Medicine, Professor, Departments of Pathology, Oncology, Obstetrics and
Gynecology, and Molecular Microbiology and Immunology
1. Wu T.-C. (1994) Immunology of Human Papilloma Virus (in relation to cancer). Curr Opin in Immunol 6:728 732.
2. Wu T.-C., Huang AYC, Jaffee E M and Pardoll DM (1995) A reassessment of the role of B7-1 expression in tumor rejection. J Exp Med 182:1415-1421.
3. Wu T.-C., F.G. Guarnieri, K.F. Staveley-O''Carroll, R.P. Viscidi, H.I. Levitsky, L. Hedrick, K.R. Cho, J.T. August, and D.M. Pardoll (1995) Engineering a novel pathway for MHC Class II Presentation of Antigens. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 92: 11671-11675.
4. Lin K-Y, F. G. Guarnieri, K. F. Staveley-O''Carroll, H. I. Levitsky, J. T. August, D. M. Pardoll and T.-C. Wu (1996) Treatment of established tumors with a novel vaccine that enhances major histocompatibility class II presentation Of tumor antigen. Cancer Research 56: 21-26.
5. R. Roden and T.-C. Wu (2006) How will HPV vaccines affect cervical cancer?. Nature Reviews Cancer 6: 753-763.
6. T. H. Kang, J. H. Lee, C. K. Song, H. D. Han, B. C. Shin, S. I. Pai, C.-F. Hung, C. Trimble, J.-S. Lim, T. W. Kim and T.-C. Wu (2007) Epigallocatechin-3-Gallate enhances CD8+ T cell-mediated antitumor immunity induced by DNA vaccination. Cancer Research 67: 802-811.
7. K.-Y. Lin, D. Lu, C.-F. Hung, S. Peng, L Huang, C. Jie, F. Murillo, J. Rowley, Y.-C. Tsai, L. He, E. Jaffee, D. M. Pardoll and T.-C. Wu (2007) Ectopic expression of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1) as a new mechanism for tumor immune evasion. Cancer Research 67: 1832-1841.
8. S. Peng, C. Trimble, L. Wu, D. Pardoll, C.-F. Hung, and T.-C. Wu (2007) HLA-DQB1*02-restricted HPV-16 E7 peptide-specific CD4+ T cell immune responses correlate with regression of HPV-16-associated high grade squamous intraepithelial lesions Clinical Cancer Research 13: 2479-2487.
9. C.-F. Hung, Y.-C. Tsai, L. He, and T.-C. Wu (2007) Co-administration of DNA vaccines with DNA encoding Ii-PADRE generates potent PADRE-specific CD4+ T cell immune responses and enhances vaccine potency. Molecular Therapy 15: 1211-1219.
10. T.-C. Wu (2007) The role of VCAM-1 in tumor Immune evasion. Cancer Research 67: 6003-6007.
11. W.-F. Cheng, C.-F. Hung, C.-Y. Chai, C.-A. Chen, C.-N. Lee, Y.-N. Su, W.-Y. I. Tseng, C.-Y. Hsieh, I.-M. Shih, T.-L. Wang and T.-C. Wu (2007) Generation of Mesothelin-Expressing Tumor Model with Intraperitoneal Tumor Growth and Ascites Formation. Cancer 110: 420-431.
12. D. Kim, C.-F. Hung and T.-C. Wu (2007) Monitoring the trafficking of adoptively transferred antigen- specific CD8-positive T cells in vivo, using noninvasive luminescence imaging. Hum Gene Ther 18: 575-588.
13. C.-L. Chang, Y.-C. Tsai, L. He, T.-C. Wu, and C.-F. Hung (2007) Cancer immunotherapy using irradiated tumor cells secreting Hsp70. Cancer Research 67: 10047-10057.
14. D. Kim, T. Hoory, T.-C. Wu and C.-F. Hung (2007) Enhancing DNA vaccine potency by combining a strategy to prolong dendritic cell life and intracellular targeting strategies with a strategy to boost CD4+ T cells. Gene Therapy. 18: 1129-1139.
15. D. Kim, R. Gambhira, B. Karanam, A. Monie, C.-F. Hung, R. Roden and T.-C. Wu (2008) Generation and characterization of a preventive and therapeutic HPV DNA vaccine. Vaccine 26: 351-360.
16. S. Peng, C. L. Trimble, R. D. Alvarez, W. K. Huh, Z. Lin, A. Monie, C.-F. Hung and T.-C. Wu (2008) Cluster Intradermal DNA Vaccination Rapidly Induces E7-specific CD8+ T Cell Immune Responses Leading to Therapeutic Antitumor Effects. Gene Therapy (in press).
17. C.-W. Tseng, C.-F. Hung, R. D. Alvarez, C. L. Trimble, W. K. Huh, D. Kim, C.-M. Chuang, C.-T. Lin, Y.-C. Tsai, L. He, A. Monie and T.-C. Wu (2008) Pretreatment with cisplatin enhances E7-specific CD8+ T cell-mediated antitumor immunity induced by DNA vaccination. Clinical Cancer Research 14: 3193-3203.
18. D. Kim, T. Hoory, A. Monie, J. P.-Y. Ting, C.-F. Hung and T.-C. Wu (2008) Enhancement of DNA vaccine potency through co-administration of MHC Class II Transactivator (CIITA) DNA with DNA vaccines via gene gun. Journal of Immunology 180: 7019-7027.
19. D. Kim, A. Monie, Y.-C. Tsai, L. He, M.-C. Wang, C.-F. Hung and T.-C. Wu (2008) Enhancement of CD4+ T cell help reverses the doxorubicin-induced suppression of antigen-specific immune responses in vaccinated mice. Gene Therapy 15: 1176-1183.
20. J. Rowley, A. Monie, C.F. Hung and T.-C. Wu (2008) Inhibition of tumor growth by NK1.1+ cells and CD8+ T cells activated by IL-15 through receptor beta/common gamma signaling in trans. Journal of Immunology 181(12):8237-47.
- HPV vaccines, tumor immunology, T cell biology, cervical cancer
Member of the Experimental Immunology Study Section, NCI/NIH (2002-2004)
Member of the Transplantation,Tolerance and Tumor Immunology Study Section, NCI/NIH (2004-2006)
Elected Member of the American Society for Clinical Investigation (2002)