Education and Experience
- Emory University School of Medicine (Atlanta GA) - Graduate Education (1978)
- George Washington University School of Medicine (Washington DC)/ Primary Care Internal Medicine (1982)
- Geriatric Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine (2008)
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine (1982)
Medicine - Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology
- General Internal Medicine
Leff B, Finucane TE: Gizmo idolatry. JAMA 2008 Apr 16;299(15):1830-2.
Finucane TE, Christmas C, Leff BA: Tube feeding in dementia: how incentives undermine health care quality and patient safety. J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2007.
Finucane TE: Care of patients nearing death: another view. J Am Geriatr Soc 2002 Mar;50(3):551-3.
Finucane, TE, Carrese JA: Racial bias in presentation of cases. J Gen Intern Med 1990;5:120-1.
Applebaum GE, King JE, Finucane TE: The outcome of CPR initiated in nursing home. Theory and practice. J Am Geriatr Soc 1989; 37:684-8
Finucane TE, Bynum JPW: Use of tube feeding to prevent aspiration pneumonia. Lancet 1996;348:1421-4.
Finucane TE, Christmas C, Travis K: Tube feeding in patients with advanced dementia: a review of the evidence. JAMA 1999;282:1365-70.
Finucane TE. How gravely ill becomes dying: a key to end of life care. JAMA 1999;282:1670-2.
Carrese J, Mullaney J, Faden RR, Finucane TE. Planning for death but not the contingencies of serious future illness: A Qualitative Study of Housebound Elderly Patients. BMJ 2002;325:125.
- Enteral tube feeding
- Palliative Care