Education and Experience
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (Baltimore MD)/ (1986)
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore MD)/ Pediatrics (1989)
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore MD)/ Pediatrics (1993)
- Pediatric Gastroenterology, American Board of Pediatrics (2007)
- Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics (2007)
Pediatrics - Gastroenterology and Nutrition
Dr. Oliva-Hemker is an active clinical researcher who has co-authored numerous articles, book chapters and reviews and has served on multiple editorial boards. She is an editor-in-chief of the book Your Child with Inflammatory Bowel Disease: A Family Guide for Caregiving.
Dr. Oliva-Hemkers clinical practice focuses on inflammatory intestinal disorders such as IBD, autoimmune enteropathy and eosinophilic gastroenteritis. Additional clinical interests include malabsorption syndromes and nutritionally-related disorders such as short bowel syndrome, failure-to-thrive and celiac disease.
Dr. Oliva-Hemker has been named among Americas Top Doctors by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. for more than 10 years and is among Marquis Whos Who in Medicine and Healthcare. She has been named a Baltimore Top Doc and has received a U.S. News and World Report Top Doctor designation for being in the top 1% of pediatric gastroenterologists in the nation.
- Gastrointestinal Diseases
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- ulcerative colitis
- Crohn''s disease
- Inflammatory bowel diseases