Education and Experience
- University of Maryland School of Medicine (Baltimore MD)/ (1976)
- University of Maryland Medical System (Baltimore MD)/ Diagnostic Radiology (1980)
- Diagnostic Radiology, American Board of Radiology (1980)
Radiology and Radiological Science - Body CT
A lifelong local (Baltimore) resident, was born in Bon Secours Hospital and grew up in Baltimore County. As a teenager, he attained the rank of Eagle Scout in the Boy Scouts. Dr. Bohlman has practiced radiology at Johns Hopkins Bayview since 1980. Throughout his time at the Medical Center, he has seen many changes.
Dr. Bohlman graduated from the University of Maryland Baltimore County in 1972 with a degree in biology. He earned a medical degree at the University of Maryland Medical School in 1976. He also completed a residency in radiology at the University of Maryland Medical Center. Dr. Bohlman is a fellow of the American College of Radiology.
A past president of the Maryland Radiologic Society, Dr. Bohlman currently is a counselor from Maryland to the College of Radiology. He specializes in cross-sectional radiology and image-guided interventional radiology.
Residing in the Baltimore area with his wife, MaryEllen, and their four children. Dr. Bohlman is an avid salt-water sports fisherman. On most days off, you may find him in the Chesapeake Bay, fishing or cruising. He thoroughly enjoys working with and educating medical residents and students.
2.Regan F, Bohlman ME, Magnessum T: Evaluation of Bile Duct Calculi with Magnetic Resonance [MR] Imaging. 44th Annual Meeting of the Association of University Radiologists, Birmingham, Alabama, 1996 Bronze Medal
3 Regan F, ME Bohlman, MR Cholangiography with Half-Fourier Acquisition. Radiological Society of North America 1996 Annual Meeting, Chicago Special merit award
5.Regan F, Bohlman M, Regan F, Evaluation of Bile Duct Calculi with Magnetic Resonance Imaging. RSNA- Certificate of Merit (Presented at 82nd Scientific Assembly Radiological Society of North America (December 1- 6,1996).
6.Beall DP, Bohlman ME. Info RAD Exhibit (Presented at 83rd Scientific Assembly & Annual Meeting November 30- December 5, 1997). Certificate of Merit
7. Regan F, Kruscek B, Bohlman ME, Petronis JD. MR Urography versus spiral CT in acute ureteric colic-Pretenders to the throne?- 47th Annual Meeting of the Association of University Radiologists, San Diego, CA, 1999- Gold Medal Winner
- Diagnostic Radiology
Fellow American College of Radiology
Chairman Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Imaging
3. Whitley N, Bohlman ME, Baker L: CT Patterns of Mesenteric Disease. JCAT 2:2, May 1982.
4. Whitley N, Bohlman ME, Connor T, Whitley J: CT Patterns of Mesenteric Disease. Radiographics, May 1982.
5. Fishman EK, Goldman SM, Patt P, Berlanstein B, Bohlman ME: Transverse Colon Volvulus, Diagnosis and Treatment. South Med J 76:185-189, February 1983.
6. Haponik E, Smith P, Bohlman ME, Allen R, Goldman SM, Bleeker E: Computerized Tomography in Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Correlation of Airway Size, With Physiology During Sleep and Wakefulness. Am Rev Respir Dis 127:221-226, 1983.
7. Bohlman ME, Haponik E, Smith P, Allen R, Goldman SM: CT Demonstration of Pharyngeal Narrowing in Adult Obstructive Sleep Apnea. AJR 140:543-548, March 1983.
10. Haney P, Bohlman ME, Chen Chih J: Radiographic Findings in Neonatal Pneumonia. AJR 143:23-26, July 1984.
11. Fishman EK, Goldman SM, Patt P, Berlanstein B, Bohlman ME: Another Twist to the Colon. (Transverse Colon Volvulus Diagnosis and Treatment). Emergency Medicine 69-70, August 15, 1983.
12. Bleeker ML, Bohlman ME, Moreland R, Tipton MA: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Role of Carpal Canal Size. Neurology 35:1599-1604, 1985.
14. Bohlman ME, Saunders R, Ensor RE: Sonographic Findings in Adenomyosis of the Uterus. AJR 148:765-766, April 1987.
15. Bohlman ME, Goldman SM: Imaging Filling Defects of the Renal Pelvis. Comtemp Diagn Radiol 10:1-6, May 1987 (by invitation)
16. Goldman SM, Bohlman ME, Gatewood OMB. Neoplasms of the Renal Collecting System. Semin Roentgenol 22:284-291, October 1987 (by invitation)
17. McLemore TL, Liu MC, Blacker PC, Gregg M, Alley MC, Abbott BJ, Shoemaker RH, Bohlman ME, Litterst CC, Hubbard WC, Brennan RH, McMahon JB, Fine DL, Eggleston JC, Mayo JG, Boyd MR. Novel Intrapulmonary Model for Orthotopic Propagation of Human Lung Cancers in Athymic Nude Mice. Cancer Research 47:5132-5140, October 1987.
19. Bohlman ME, Fishman EK, Oesterling JE, Goldman SM. Case Profile: CT Findings in Emphysematous Cystitis. Urology 32:63-64, July 1988
21. Bohlman ME, Sweren BS, Khazan R, Minkin SD, Goldman SM, Fishman EK. CT Findings in Emphysematous Pyelitis and Emphysematous Pyelonephritis. South Med J 84:1438-1446, Dec. 1991
22. Chami TM, Schuster MM, Bohlman ME, Pulliam TJ, Kamal N, Whitehead WE. A simple radiologic method to estimate the quantity of bowel gas. Am J Gastroenterol - submitted
23. Regan F, Smith D, Khazan R, Bohlman ME, Haakh H, Campion J, Magnessum T. Magnetic Resonance Cholangiography in Biliary Obstruction Using Half-Fourier Acquisition. Journal of Computed Tomography 1996;20 (4): 627-632
24. Regan F, Bohlman ME, Khazan R, Rodriguez R, Haakh R. MR Urography Using Half-Fourier Acquisition Single Shot Turbo Spin-Echo [HASTE] in the Assessment of Ureteric Obstruction. American Journal of Roentgenology 167 :(6)1115-1120, Nov. 1996
25. Regan F, Fradin J, Khazan R, Bohlman ME, MagnessumT. Choledocholithiasis: Evaluation with Magnetic Resonance Imaging. American Journal of Radiology:1996;167:1441-1445, Dec. 1996
27. Regan F, Petronis J, Bohlman ME, Rodriguez R, Moore R. MS No 1188- Perirenal MR High Signal- A New and Sensitive Indicator of Acute Ureteric
Obstruction. Clinical Radiology. (1997)
29. Regan F, Schaefer D, Smith DP, Petronis J, Bohlman M, Magnuson TH. The Diagnostic Utility of HASTE MRI in the Evaluation of Acute Cholecystitis. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 1998 Jul; 22(4):638-642
31. Bohlman ME, Khazan R, Regan F., Rapid Nephrostomy Tube Placement Using a CT Guided Single Stick Technique. Accepted for publication-June1998.
Journal of Interventional Radiology.
36. Stephen B. Solomon, Alexandu Patriciu, Mark Bohlman, Louis Kavoussi, Dan Stoianovici. Robotically Driven Interventions: A Method of Using CT Fluoroscopy without Radiation Exposure to the Physician. Radiology 2002; 225:277282.
37. Martin A. Makary, Mark D. Duncan, Paul D. Freeswick, John W. Harmon,
Jeffrey S. Bender, Mark Bohlman, Thomas Magnuson.
Deptartments of Surgery and Radiology(*) THE ROLE OF MAGNETIC RESONANCE CHOLANGIOGRAPHY IN THE MANAGEMENT OF PATIENTS WITH GALLSTONE PANCREATITIS. Annals of Surgery,
Submitted 2003, Accepted Feb, 2004.
38. F. Regan, B. Kuszyk, M E Bohlman, S. Jackman. Acute Ureteric Calculus Obstruction: Unenhanced Spiral CT versus HASTE MR Urography and Abdominal Radiograph. The British Journal of Radiology, (Submitted Jan 2004), 78(2005), 506-511 2005 The British Institute of Radiology DOI: 10.1259/bjr/22314006.
- musculoskeletal imaging
American College of Radiology- Fellow-May 9, 2004
American College of Radiology- Vice-President- 2003
American College of Radiology- Councilor- 2002
Maryland Radiological Society, ACR councilor- 2002
Radiological Society of North America- 1980
Association University of Radiologists -1982
American College of Radiology- Alternate- 2001
American College of Radiology- Member- 1980