Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Patients seeking education about nutrition can schedule an individual appointment with Maureen Seel, RDN/LDN, our Clinical Dietitian Specialist. Counseling is available for, but not limited to, the following areas: diabetes self-care management, insulin resistance, weight control, thyroid disease, cardiovascular disease, gestational diabetes, hypertension and hyperlipidemia.
We have a wide variety of teaching materials tailored to all levels of education. During an appointment with the dietitian a patient will receive individual counseling and specific guidance with special diets. Our dietitian diabetes educator will:
- Help patients understand the many complications of diabetes, how to test blood sugars, how to administer insulin, and understand the action and side effects of diabetes medications.
- Take a diet history and set goals that fit an individual's lifestyle.
- Analyze a usual food intake and suggest changes to improve eating habits.
- Provide a personalized diet instruction plan based on mutually determined goals.
- Inform the primary care physician regarding the nutritional care plan.
In order to help you and your diabetes educator, we have included a Food Diary for you to print and complete. Please take a day and fill out the form stating specifically what you ate, how it was prepared, what time it was, and how you were feeling. This additional tool will help your dietitian set goals that will better fit your lifestyle.
To schedule an appointment to see Maureen Seel, RDN/LDN, Clinical Dietitian Specialist, please call 410-955-9270.