It is the mission of Johns Hopkins Real Estate to assist Johns Hopkins faculty and staff to lease space or to have space built, generally through 3rd party landlords or developers, and to support and facilitate the delivery of Johns Hopkins education and healthcare missions in a manner consistent with the interests and objectives of The Johns Hopkins Health System and The Johns Hopkins University.
- outsource development (public/private partnerships) creating off-balance sheet transactions to minimize use of debt capacity and Hopkins equity,
- outsource that which can be done more efficiently in local markets, and
- attract and retain real estate professionals with private sector and institutional experience whose market expertise will facilitate Hopkins objectives.
Typical types of space are:
- Classroom space for teaching
- Research space including wet labs, dry labs for grants
- Office space for administrative services
- Ambulatory health services
- Student/faculty housing
- Hotels, retail, restaurants
Johns Hopkins at Eastern
1101 East 33rd Street, Suite E100
Baltimore, MD 21218