I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Visiting the Burn Center
Although we have a liberal visitation policy, please remember that your loved one needs time for uninterrupted sleep and rest. We ask that you take this into consideration when planning your visits. In addition, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- Family members are not permitted to spend the night. Exceptions can only be made by the Patient Care Manager.
- To enter the unit, press the call button on the intercom located on the wall outside of the unit’s doors. Do not push through the doors.
- Providing quality care to your loved one is our primary goal. If you are asked to leave the unit for any amount of time, please respect the staff’s clinical judgements.
- We may ask you to step out of the unit during doctors’ rounds and nursing reports in order to protect the privacy of our patients. We also may ask you to leave the unit due to activity on the unit.
- Burn dressing changes can take many hours, so we may have to interrupt your visiting time. Please call the unit before you visit and we will try our best to work with your schedule. You may also wait in the family waiting room during this time. Staff will let you know when you can return to the unit.
- In order to protect the privacy of other patients, please remain in your loved one’s room during your visit.
- Only two visitors at a time are allowed in the patient’s room. For their own safety and protection, no children under the age of 12 should visit.
- Cell phones are not allowed on the unit due to interference with monitors and breathing machines.
- BICU visitors: Please put on a yellow gown and gloves before entering your loved one’s room. Remove the gown before leaving the room and put it in the designated trash can.
- Burn and Wound unit visitors: Depending on your loved one’s condition, you may be asked to put on a yellow gown and gloves before entering your loved one’s room. Remove the gown before leaving the room and put it in the designated trash can.
- Please use the hand sanitizer located on the wall next to the patient’s room before entering and after leaving the room.
- Live flowers and plants are not allowed on the units.