New Life Burn Society
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224
Mission and Purpose:
Our ultimate mission is to gain the trust and confidence of burn survivors so that we may be a source of strength and understanding for them and to empower them to engage wholeheartedly in starting a new life as a survivor. The New Life Burn Society encourages and supports activities that bring survivors of all ages together to learn and grow.
- To create, develop and publish support materials, such as brochures and newsletters that will help inform burn survivors of support groups and resources.
- To increase participation in the New Life Burn Society.
- To develop a list of volunteers willing to work with patients and families to help them to understand the needs of a survivor and the role they can play in the recovery process.
- To give presentations to area schools and community organizations in collaboration with the Johns Hopkins Burn Center and the Metropolitan Fire Fighters Burn Center Fund, Inc.
- To create and maintain a Web site.
Weekly meetings are held every Tuesday from noon to 1:00 p.m.
Meetings are held in the Dr. Andrew Munster Conference Room (3rd floor, Burn Conference Room)
Quarterly meetings are held from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Please call for dates and locations: 410-550-0754
The society also offers one-on-one meetings for those who are not comfortable in a group setting.
For more information, please contact Michelle Ober, OTR/L, burn survivor support group coordinator, at 410-550-0754.
The Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors