Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
New Life Burn Society
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224
Mission and Purpose:
Our ultimate mission is to gain the trust and confidence of burn survivors so that we may be a source of strength and understanding for them and to empower them to engage wholeheartedly in starting a new life as a survivor. The New Life Burn Society encourages and supports activities that bring survivors of all ages together to learn and grow.
- To create, develop and publish support materials, such as brochures and newsletters that will help inform burn survivors of support groups and resources.
- To increase participation in the New Life Burn Society.
- To develop a list of volunteers willing to work with patients and families to help them to understand the needs of a survivor and the role they can play in the recovery process.
- To give presentations to area schools and community organizations in collaboration with the Johns Hopkins Burn Center and the Metropolitan Fire Fighters Burn Center Fund, Inc.
- To create and maintain a Web site.
Weekly meetings are held every Tuesday from noon to 1:00 p.m.
Meetings are held in the Dr. Andrew Munster Conference Room (3rd floor, Burn Conference Room)
Quarterly meetings are held from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Please call for dates and locations: 410-550-0754
The society also offers one-on-one meetings for those who are not comfortable in a group setting.
For more information, please contact Michelle Ober, OTR/L, burn survivor support group coordinator, at 410-550-0754.
The Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors