Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Whether patients require a hospital stay or outpatient care, the nurses at the Johns Hopkins Breast Center are uniquely qualified to provide compassionate care during every phase of treatment. Some of our nurses are breast cancer survivors themselves, so they relate well to the experiences of our patients.
Our nursing staff serves a critical role in guiding patients along the continuum of care. They are trained in the special nursing and psychological needs of our patients. They educate patients and their families, provide one-on-one support, and facilitate patient care throughout the treatment and recovery processes.
Two of our nurses are certified breast health educators and breast cancer nurse navigators. Our patients meet these nurses at key points during their treatment—from diagnosis through to the completion of their treatment, and even into survivorship.
Our nurses specialize in monitoring patients who have completed breast cancer treatment and are part of our survivorship care program. Specific nurses within our Breast Center team also lead community breast health education programs and perform breast evaluations for women who have discovered an abnormality through a self exam or clinical exam.
- Mary Capano RN, M.S.N. C.B..P.N.-I.C. (oncology nurse navigator)
- Laura Gavin, N.P. (reconstructive breast surgery)
- Marshalee George, Ph.D., M.S.P.H., M.S.N., A.O.C.N.P., C.R.N.P.-A. (surgical oncology)
- Catherine Klein, M.B.A., B.S.N., R.N.-B.C., O.C.N.
- Patricia Njoku, M.S.N., C.R.N.P. (surgical oncology)
- Carol Riley, R.N. , N.P. (medical oncology)
- Lillie Shockney, R.N., B.S., M.A.S. (surgical oncology and psychological supportive care needs)
- Constance Ziegfeld, R.N., M.S.N. (surgical oncology, high risk assessment and monitoring, breast evaluation program and survivorship care)