I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Why Choose Johns Hopkins for Breast Cancer?
Avon Foundation Breast Center at Johns Hopkins
The Johns Hopkins Avon Foundation Breast Center is a comprehensive, multi disciplinary breast care program, offering a full spectrum of clinical and support services, from screening and diagnosis to treatment and counseling. The Center provides innovative, integrated, high quality and cost-effective care.
Providers at the Johns Hopkins Breast Center offer a unique combination of clinical expertise and personal experience. When you’re cared for by the best doctors—and the best healers—you have the best opportunity for a positive outcome.
Rebuilding after Breast Cancer
Reconstructive surgery helped Nikki Jones regain her confidence after breast cancer.
Learn more about why she chose the Johns Hopkins Breast Center.
Pam Vierra, a mother of three from central Pennsylvania, was diagnosed with breast cancer and decided to visit Johns Hopkins for a second opinion.
Watch to learn how her experience with the Johns Hopkins Breast Center changed her life.
- The survival rates among early stage breast cancer patients at Hopkins exceed or match national rates.
- At our Breast Center, 90 percent of eligible breast cancer patients have breast conservation, as compared with only 65 percent nationally.
- We are one of the few National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated comprehensive cancer centers in the country and one of only two in Maryland, and have held this designation for decades. We are also certified by the National Consortium of Breast Centers (NCBC).
- Johns Hopkins Medicine is the only medical institution in the region with the highest designation possible from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons.
- We conduct a wide range of innovative clinical trials and research for breast cancer treatment. One day, we hope to prevent and cure this disease.
- The administrator of our Breast Center, Lillie Shockney, is a two-time breast cancer survivor who understands firsthand the importance of coordinated care, education and timely test results and communication.
- We have a team of volunteer survivors who can support patients through their treatment. These volunteers are matched to patients based on similar diagnoses and treatment plans. Two of our Breast Center nurses are also breast cancer survivors and help each newly diagnosed patient.
- We have award-winning doctors and nurses.