Skip Navigation
Print This Page
Share this page: More

Pelvic Exams

A routine gynecological exam with a pap smear should be performed yearly for cervical cancer screening. Any abnormal vaginal spotting or bleeding should be reported to your primary care provider or gynecologist to evaluate for the possibility of uterine (endometrial) cancer, especially in women over the age of 50 and on tamoxifen. Although unusual vaginal bleeding can occur with menopause, any kind of vaginal bleeding after menopause should be checked out by your gynecologist or primary care provider.


 Survivorship Intranet

Related Video

A collection of videos in which patients and providers share insight on life after breast cancer.

The Latest Research Translated

ArtemisArtemis: Take advantage of a free subscription to Artemis, our electronic medical journal on breast cancer. Find out more.

Make a Gift

follow us on facebook


© The Johns Hopkins University, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, and Johns Hopkins Health System. All rights reserved.