The multidisciplinary clinic at Green Spring Station in Lutherville, MD, is designed to evaluate patients with known breast cancer. For patients living in Suburban Baltimore and points north, a single-day consultation with an oncology nurse, a breast surgical oncologist, radiation oncologist and in some cases, a breast plastic and reconstructive surgeon is offered in a convenient location. If a patient has an abnormality, she can be seen by a breast specialist for evaluation.
We offer comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services, such as:
- Mammography - screening and diagnostic
- Biopsy (core, fine needle aspiration, sentinel lymph node, and punch)
- Multidisciplinary clinics
- Breast surgical oncology
- Medical oncology
- Clinical trials
- Follow-up care/survivorship
A breast cancer diagnosis can be stressful and overwhelming. Our multidisciplinary breast cancer clinic at our Green Spring Station location is designed to evaluate patients with known breast cancer in a comprehensive, single-day setting to minimize the time between diagnosis and treatment. On the day of your appointment, you will meet with a surgical oncologist and a radiation oncologist, who will discuss an appropriate course of treatment for you and answer all of your questions regarding breast cancer. All members of the breast cancer multidisciplinary clinic are committed to providing you and your caregivers the highest qualtiy of care and attention during your time with us.
What are the services offered at the breast cancer multidisciplinary clinic?
- Same day consultation with a surgical oncologist and radiation oncologist as promptly as possible
- Medical oncology consultation within four weeks (these appointments are scheduled post-operatively when full pathology is available for the oncologist to be ableto make medical decisions about treatment planning)
- Mammography and breast ultrasound within 24 hours
- Biopsy and breast MRI appointments within one week
- Access to Johns Hopkins and national clinical trials
- Patient and family education information to prepare a patient for decisions about treatment options and what to expect throughout treatment
- For newly diagnosed women, one-on-one support by a survivor volunteer and an oncology nurse
- Prompt communication with referring physicians
At the Johns Hopkins Breast Center, all imaging services are provided by specially-trained Johns Hopkins breast imaging experts. This includes mammography, breast ultrasound, biopsies, and breast MRI. In addition, a diagnostic evaluation of all breast abnormalties will be completed by breast specialists and breast imaging radiologists. Imaging services are offered by Johns Hopkins Imaging, located on the Green Spring Station medical campus.
The Johns Hopkins Breast Center uses external beam radiation for breast cancer radiation therapy. This type of radiation can treat part of the breast (known as partial breast radiation) or the whole breast (known as whole breast radiation). Though the standard of care is six weeks of treatment, there are now three week protocols that have proven to be very effective. Our radiation oncologists are experts in treating patients with breast cancer. Radiation oncology treatment is offered at Green Spring Station.
We are located at:
10753 Falls Road
Pavilion II, Suite 145
Lutherville, MD 21093
Appointments are available at the Johns Hopkins Breast Center at Green Spring Station three days a week. To request an appointment, please call 443-997-8282.
Johns Hopkins Medicine at Green Spring Station is conveniently located at the Baltimore Beltway (I-695) and the Jones Falls Expressway interchange, just minutes from downtown Baltimore, Towson, Owings Mills and Hunt Valley, and only 30 minutes from Columbia, Bel Air, and York, Pennsylvania. Free parking is plentiful. For those using public transportation, the MTA's M10 bus stops on the campus of Green Spring Station.
From the North:
Follow I-83 South to I-695 West, stay in the right hand lane.
Continue to follow I-83 South as you bear right off I-695 onto Exit 23B, Falls Road (MD 25 North).
From the South:
Follow Interstate I-83 North.
As it splits to join I-695, stay to the left, this road becomes Falls Road (MD 25 North).
From Falls Road:
Follow Falls Road North to the second traffic light.
Turn right onto Station Drive.
As you enter the complex, the Falls and Joppa Concourses are located on the right. Continue straight ahead to reach Pavilions I and II. Parking is free and plentiful.
By Public Transportation:
Mass Transit information: 410-539-5000