Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Training and Education for Johns Hopkins Employees
Progress on patient safety and quality requires a workforce with the knowledge, skills and tools to lead improvement efforts. Through its training and education programs, the institute is helping to build the organizational capacity needed to carry out this work. These programs include:
- Workshops and e-Learning modules on a wide range of topics
- A fellowship for clinicians seeking to develop their skills as safety practitioners
- A one-year training program on applying clinical analytics to improve care
- A yearlong program to engage residents and fellows in safety and quality work
- A “train the trainer” program in improving teamwork
- Educational presentations, including Grand Rounds
- An annual summit for health care professionals to share their work in patient safety.
The Armstrong Institute also supports the Johns Hopkins Medicine Patient Safety Summit, an annual celebration of efforts to build a culture of safety and prevent harm to patients. Visit the summit intranet page for details.