Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Safety and Quality Programs for the Johns Hopkins Community
Safety Culture Assessment
The Safety Culture Assessment helps measure caregiver attitudes around safety throughout Johns Hopkins Medicine.
Workshops and e-Learning
Acquire the skills and tools for improving health care where you work.
Experts are collaborating across Johns Hopkins Medicine to improve health care quality.
This nine-month program trains future health care leaders to create a culture of caring.
TeamSTEPPS Master Training
A "train-the-trainer” course for enhancing teamwork and communication.
Request Project Assistance
Seek help from the Armstrong Institute to further your research and improvement projects.
How Johns Hopkins Medicine is becoming a national leader in safety and quality.
Patient Safety Summit
Health care professionals across the organization meet at this one-day annual event to discuss and learn about improving patient safety.
A schedule of upcoming presentations (JHED log-in required).
Collaboration is core to the Armstrong Institute’s mission to reduce preventable harm, improve patient outcomes and experience, and reduce waste in care delivery. Among those we most actively seek to engage with are faculty and staff across Johns Hopkins Medicine and The Johns Hopkins University. As part of our partnership with our Johns Hopkins colleagues, the institute:
- Offers workshops, fellowships and other training opportunities to faculty, staff and students so that they have the tools to lead safety and quality projects on their own
- Coordinates quality and safety improvement efforts across the Johns Hopkins Health System
- Convenes and supports clinical communities—peer-driven networks organized by discipline or medical setting to devise solutions to quality and patient safety challenges
- Awards up to $100,000 a year in small grants to help advance promising safety and quality research by Johns Hopkins investigators.
- Measures performance in quality and safety, and makes data readily available across Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Supports the scholarly activity of Hopkins researchers to advance the science of safety
This section of web pages was created to provide resources specifically for our Johns Hopkins Medicine colleagues as they seek to become more involved in the work of patient safety and quality. A Johns Hopkins Enterprise Directory (JHED) password may be required to view some of this information.
Obtain your JHED ID if you do not have it.