Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Implementing On the CUSP: Stop BSI requires hospitals to apply supplemental information including manuals, training modules, and toolkits.
The CLABSI toolkit was created to support efforts implementing evidence-based practices and eliminate Central Line Associated Blood Steam Infections (CLABSIs).
- CLABSI Toolkit [DOC]
- Appendix A Michigan Experience [PDF]
- Appendix B Fact Sheet [PDF]
- Appendix C CDC NHSN Definitions [PDF]
- Appendix D NHSN Manual [PDF]
- Appendix E VAD Training Slides [PPT]
- Appendix F VAD Quiz [DOC]
- Appendix G SHEA_IDSA Strategies [PDF]
- Appendix H Adult VAD Policy [PDF]
- HA: Scope of Practice for Nursing Staff
- HB: Catheter Choice – JHH
- HC: Central Line Insertion Care Team Check List
- HD: Care of Patient With Peripheral Line (PIV)
- HE: Care of Patient with PICC Line (PICC Lines are Central Venous Catheter)
- HF: Care of Patient with Short Term Central Venous Catheter
- HG: Care of Patient with a Tunneled Central Venous Catheter of Implanted Port Hickman,Groshong)
- HH: Care of the Patient with a Hemodialysis Catheter
- HI: Care of the Patient with a Hemepheresis Catheter
- HJ: Blood Drawing From a Hemodialysis and Hemepheresis Catheter
- HK: Care of the Patient Receiving PPN/CPN
- HL: Accessing/Deaccessing Implanted Central Venous Access Port
- Appendix I VAD Dressing Change Policy [PDF]
- Appendix J Line Cart Inventory [DOC]
- Appendix K Daily Goals [DOC]
- Appendix L Central Line Insertion Checklist [PDF]
- Appendix M Annotated Bibliography [DOC]