Join the Armstrong Institute Faculty
Faculty members with appointments in the Armstrong Institute take part in a thriving, diverse community of safety and quality investigators who share their passion for reducing preventable harm, enhancing outcomes for all patients and reducing waste in health care. Faculty are able to tap into the expertise of their colleagues, as well as other core resources of the institute, to advance their scholarly work, find partners for collaboration and obtain research funding.
The institute has three types of faculty appointments: core faculty, associate faculty and visiting faculty. Faculty may take on a number of roles, including:
- Advising on quality and safety projects within the Johns Hopkins Health System
- Participating in grants and contracts with other faculty members
- Contributing to program development
- Directing or teaching institute-sponsored courses
To learn about the requirements, responsibilities and privileges associated with faculty appointments within the Armstrong Institute and to learn about the process for obtaining an appointment, please review these documents:
- Criteria for Armstrong Institute Faculty Appointments
- Armstrong Institute Faculty Appointment Procedures
The application process begins with the completion of an online application form.
Please e-mail us with any questions.