I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Research Animal Resources (RAR) is Johns Hopkins’ centralized provider of veterinary medical care and research animal support. Visit these pages for information regarding all aspects of animal care and veterinary assistance for your animal research.
Research Animal Resources faculty have academic appointments in the Department of Molecular and Comparative Pathobiology. Faculty and fellows conduct clinical and collaborative research with an emphasis on improving animal health and welfare.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get access to my animals?
- How do I transfer animals from one area to another within JHU?
- How do I place a clinical call?
- How do I order animals?
- How can I send animals to or from a collaborator at another institution?
- How do I order supplies/drugs/controlled drugs?
- Can you help with my large animal surgery or provide technical support?
- Can you help me with my rodent colony problems? Unexpected mortality? Ask for vet advice on 410 955 3273.
- Need rodent technical services? breeding, sample collection, genotyping?
- What are the current per diem rates
- General information 410-955-3273
- Clinical calls: Unexpected mortality? Colony problems? Could it be related to an infectious or environmental cause? Call a vet for help on 410-955-3273
- Animal orders 410-955-3713
- Faculty veterinarians in Department of Molecular and Comparative Pathobiology.
- Veterinary fellows (postdoctoral research fellows and postdoctoral clinical fellows)
- Rodent information
- Animal care and husbandry