A. Tape test for Syphacia pinworms
- Take a piece of CLEAR, TRANSPARENT (not semiopaque or "Magicä") tape approx 1" long and apply firmly over the anus for each rat/mouse.
- Apply tape (sticky side down) onto microscope slide
- Label slide and cage so as to link slide with animal/cage
- Label slide holder with PI, Building, room # and rack (where appropriate), date, and # of cages and a contact tel # and email
- NOTE REASON FOR TESTING
- Call (4-1951) to notify slides are coming
- Leave slides in Ross 454 on counter to right as you enter clearly marked for PINWORM testing
B. Fecal flotation for Aspiculuris pinworms
- Collect a fresh fecal sample from each animal (pool multiple samples from one cage into one container, use a separate container for each cage) and label appropriately.
- Leave containers as noted above for Syphacia