Access to Research Animal Resources (RAR) Animal Facilities: Broadway Research Bldg (BRB), Ross Bldg, Wilmer Bldg, Blalock 13th Floor, and Pathology 8th Floor
All investigators and laboratory personnel must be on an approved JHU protocol and complete specific training to be given access to the animal facilities.
A. Obtain the facility access form from the pockets mounted on the wall at the entrance of Ross 459 or at the following websites www.hopkinsmedicine.org/animalresources/Forms/index.html or
B. Obtain your departmental or supervisory approval signature and the appropriate approved animal care and use protocol number.
C. Obtain the RAR supervisor sign-off stamp, see procedure below.
D. Obtain sign-off stamp from the Animal Care and Use Committee (ACUC) office. This is accomplished by bringing or faxing the access form to the ACUC office in Reed Hall, room B122, fax #443-287-3747. You must be included on a protocol to receive this stamp, see procedure below.
E. Hand carry (the preferred method) or e-mail the completed form to 2024 east Monument suite B1100, attention: Mr. Cliff Summers, email@example.com
To obtain an RAR supervisor signature:
- Fill in the appropriate parts of the facility access form
- Look on the form for specific instructions for completion of the on-line RAR training modules and hands-on facility orientation.
- Bring the form with you to the facility orientation.
To be added to a protocol:
- Complete the online Animal Care and Use training module: located online at https://secure.lwservers.net/default.cfm , print the certificate for your records.
- Enroll in the Animal Exposure Surveillance Program (AESP). Go to Occupational Health website and click on forms. Receive a certificate of enrollment
- Fill out a personnel amendment form, available at http://www.jhu.edu/animalcare
- Submit the completed personnel amendment form along with the AESP certificate of enrollment to the ACUC office in Reed Hall room B122 or by fax 443-287-3747.
- Note: Personnel Amendments are processed expeditiously by the ACUC staff. To ensure quick approval make sure all information is complete and accurate.