- Mela Bembea, MD, received a $5000 grant from the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization for a study titled "Neurologic outcomes of extracorporeal cardiopulmonary resuscitation (ECPR): Linking the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ELSO) and the American Heart Association Get With The Guidelines - Resuscitation (AHA GWTG-R) Databases."
- Lauren Berkow, MD, was written up in in the online newsletter Maryland Hospitals for a Healthy Environment for her work on sustainability here at Hopkins. See the article at http://mdh2e.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/February-2014-News-Roundup.pdf
- Steven Cohen, MD, was asked to join the editorial board of the journal Pain as an Associate Editor.
- The article by Nick Dalesio et al., Ultrasound use in the pediatric airway: The time has come, was featured in an editorial in Anesthesia and Analgesia Case Reports (Feb 1, 2014).
- Michael Erdek, MD, was asked to join the editorial board of Pain Medicine, Cancer Pain and Palliative Care section.
- The article "A novel method of data analysis for utilization of red cell transfusion" by Steve Frank, et al. was feature on the cover of Transfusion in December.