The core faculty leading the Global Surgical Initiative have extensive experience in global health projects and initiatives. Examples of notable accomplishments include:
- Decades of experience organizing and leading clinical and educational medical projects in numerous countries including Bolivia, Bangladesh, Eretria, Ghana, Haiti, Jamaica, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Zambia.
- Extensive consulting and project management experience working for the Ministries of Health of Brazil, Ethiopia, Ghana, Haiti, Jamaica, Mozambique and Zambia.
- Leadership in WHO guidelines development, including the Women's Health Committee for Integrated Management of Adolescent and Adult Illness (IMAI) and Integrated Management for Emergency and Essential Surgical Care.
- Health systems assessments in low- and middle income countries.
- Global disaster response experience in Haiti, Pakistan, Iran, Indonesia and New Orleans.