Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
The Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology at Johns Hopkins is among the largest of its kind worldwide. It is recognized internationally as a leading center for research on allergic, immunologic and respiratory diseases. Physicians and scientists at Johns Hopkins have been among the first to make key discoveries, including:
- Development of proven tests for food, penicillin, insect venom and latex allergies
- Controlled studies of the effectiveness of allergen immunotherapy (“allergy shots”) for allergic rhinitis and asthma
- Controlled studies of the effectiveness of intranasal steroids for allergic rhinitis
- Studies of the effectiveness of allergen vaccines to treat allergic rhinitis
- Discovery of histamine releasing factor
- Discovery of genes responsible for allergies and asthma.
Thank you for your investment in the Department of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.