The first 18 months of the fellowship offers several core rotations. These rotations currently include:
- Operations: Fellowship begins in one of the clinical departments ( i.e. Medicine; Surgery, Oncology)
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Howard County General Hospital
- Outpatient Administration:
- Marketing & Communications
- Human Resources
- General Services
- Medical Affairs
Following the completion of the core rotations, the last six months of the Administration Fellowship are open for elective rotations throughout Johns Hopkins Medicine.
Leadership and Mentoring
The Director for the Administrative Fellowship Program is Conan Dickson, Ph.D., Chief of Staff, Sibley Memorial Hospital, Johns Hopkins Medicine. Each Administrative Fellow is assigned a mentor to act as an advisor throughout the two years. Additionally, Administrative Fellows have the opportunity to meet regularly with Judy Reitz, Chief Operating Officer of The Johns Hopkins Hospital and with Ron Peterson, President of the Johns Hopkins Health System who is also the Executive Champion of the Program. These relationships provide extensive mentoring and learning opportunities for the fellow. Outside of formal relationships, there are many opportunities for Administrative Fellows to explore informal relationships. All members of the fellowship committee are available to the fellows throughout their Fellowship.
Steering Committee Members
- Conan Dickson, Chief of Staff, Sibley Memorial Hospital, Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Charles (Chip) Barbara, Administrator, Medicine
- Jay Blackman, VP/COO, HCGH
- Ted Chambers, Administrator, Pediatrics
- Jim Erickson, Executive Director of Finance for the School of Medicine
- Melissa Feld, Administrator/Assistant Dean, Medicine, JHBMC
- Kenneth Grant, VP General Services
- Dalal Haldeman, VP Johns Hopkins Medicine Marketing and Communications
- Doug Hall, Senior Director for Strategic Marketing and Market Research
- John Hundt, Administrator, Surgery
- Terry Langbaum, Chief Administrative Officer, Oncology
- Pamela Paulk, VP, Human Resources
- Charlie Reuland, EVP/COO, JHBMC
Salary and Benefits
Fellows are provided a competitive salary and full benefits based on JHM 2nd year medical residents.
The fellowship provides reimbursement for one healthcare conference of choice per year.