Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
The Johns Hopkins Medicine Administrative Fellowship program is an integrated program that offers learning experiences in both the Johns Hopkins Health System (JHHS) and the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine (SOM). The program is a 24 month, rotation based program that trains young professionals and helps them develop leadership skills and qualities.
The first 18 months of the fellowship offers several core rotations. Each fellow will be expected to work on various projects during each rotation while also learning from their preceptors and mentors.
- School of Medicine Divisional Rotation
- Operations (in one of the clinical departments i.e. Medicine, Surgery, Oncology)
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Howard County General Hospital
- Finance / Supply Chain
- Marketing Development & Research
- Johns Hopkins Healthcare (third-party payor)
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians
- Johns Hopkins Home Care Group
One-Week Experiences Include:
- General Services
- Development / Fundraising
Following the completion of the core rotations, the last six months of the Administration Fellowship are open for elective rotations throughout Johns Hopkins Medicine. Availability of elective rotations are subject to the fellows' interests and also the availability of the division/department desired.
Leadership and Mentoring
The Director for the Administrative Fellowship Program is Conan Dickson, Ph.D., Sr. Director, Business Development & Strategy, JHM Community Division. Each Administrative Fellow is assigned a mentor to act as an advisor throughout the two years. Additionally, Administrative Fellows have the opportunity to meet regularly with Robert Kasdin, Chief Operating Officer of Johns Hopkins Medicine and with Ron Peterson, President of the Johns Hopkins Health System who is also the Executive Champion of the Program. These relationships provide extensive mentoring and learning opportunities for the fellow. Outside of formal relationships, there are many opportunities for Administrative Fellows to explore informal relationships. All members of the fellowship committee are available to the fellows throughout their fellowship.
Steering Committee Members
- Conan Dickson, Sr. Director, Business Development & Strategy, JHM Community Division
- Charles (Chip) Barbara, Director of Operations Integration
- Jay Blackman, Chief of Staff, Office of Supply Chain Director
- Ted Chambers, Chief Administrative Officer, Pediatrics
- Jim Erickson, Executive Director of Finance for the School of Medicine
- Melissa Helicke, VP of Operations, Johns Hopkins Community Physicians
- Kenneth Grant, VP of General Services
- Doug Hall, Senior Director for Strategic Marketing and Market Research
- John Hundt, Chief Administrative Officer, Surgery
- Terry Langbaum, Chief Administrative Officer, Oncology
- Charlie Reuland, EVP/COO, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Tammy Snyder, Administrator, Anesthesia
Salary and Benefits
Fellows are provided a competitive salary and full benefits based on JHM 2nd year medical residents.
The fellowship provides reimbursement for one healthcare conference of choice per year.