Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
We take the application process very seriously and take all aspects of our comprehensive application into consideration. It should be noted that all components of our application packet must be included in order for us to complete your application and process it for review. The application deadline for the 2017-2019 Administrative Fellowship is October 3, 2016. Applicants must graduate prior to the start of the fellowship (July 2017). Eligible applicants are graduates of an accredited domestic MHA, MPH, MBA or equivalent master’s degree. We do not sponsor visas for this program.
Required Application Materials
- Online NAFCAS application
- Official Resume with undergraduate and graduate GPA listed
- Three Letters of Recommendation:
- Professional (Able to speak to your professional presence, skills, abilities, i.e. supervisor, preceptor, direct manager, etc.)
- Academic (Able to speak to your academic presence and performance, i.e. academic program director, professor, faculty advisor, etc.)
- Personal (Able to speak to your character and provide insight into your personal values, i.e. colleague, family member, friend, etc.)
- Graduate School Transcripts (only official transcripts will be accepted. Please send directly to NAFCAS)
- Please note - It is important that you submit your official transcripts early for processing
- Personal Statement – Please prepare a personal statement that addresses the following questions: (1000 words or less)
- What stimulated your interest in health care?
- Given that you have completed a master’s degree and are fully qualified for many positions in the healthcare industry, what do you hope to gain from the JHM fellowship that you could not gain from other career opportunities?
- What is something about you that makes you unique or that you would otherwise like us to know about yourself?
Please note: Application packets received after October 3, 2016 will not be considered.
Applicants will receive an e-mail notification once their application has been received and is ready for review.
First Round Interviews:
After a thorough review of all complete applications, we will notify all applicants who have been chosen for a first-round interview. The first round interviews will be conducted between October 5th and October 20th . Not all applicants will obtain a first round interview. First round interviews may be conducted at one of the following locations:
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital (JHH) in Baltimore
- Selected regional site(s)
- Teleconference as determined by the interviewer
First round travel and accommodations are the responsibility of the applicant.
Final Round Interviews:
All efforts will be made to select and notify final round applicants by October 21, 2016. Finalists will be notified that they have been selected for a final interview by the Fellowship Program Office.
For final interviews, approximately 12 applicants will be invited to Baltimore to visit JHH on October 27, 2016 and/or October 28, 2016. Dinner with the current/past fellows will be held on the evening of October 27, 2016. Travel and accommodations are courtesy of Johns Hopkins Medicine, though if a candidate must cancel he/she will be responsible for the plane fare if applicable.
Selection of Administrative Fellows:
The Johns Hopkins Medicine Administrative Fellowship program is participating in the National Council on Administrative Fellowships (NCAF) and has agreed to follow their guidelines. As a member of NCAF JHM has agreed to comply with the uniform initial offer date on November 14, 2016. No offers will be extended before this date. Finalists who have been selected for a fellowship position will be given 48 hours to confirm their acceptance to the program.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Marilyn Stephens, JHM Administrative Fellowship Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a member of the National Council on Administrative Fellowships (NCAF), Johns Hopkins Medicine will be participating this year in the National Administrative Fellowship Common Application System (NAFCAS). The application will open on July 19th and will streamline the application process and reduce duplicative efforts by providing a standardized online interface for our applicants.