Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
The Johns Hopkins Health System Corporation (JHHS) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing the highest quality patient health care in the treatment and prevention of human illness. JHHS is an academically based health system consisting of:
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital, a world-renowned academic medical center that provides a comprehensive range of state-of-the-art tertiary and quaternary care and is consistently recognized as one of America’s best hospitals.
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Inc., a not-for-profit organization that operates a community-based teaching hospital offering a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services as well as long-term care facility.
- Howard County General Hospital, a not-for-profit, community-oriented medical center offering a full range of acute care inpatient services as well as extensive outpatient services.
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians, the largest primary care group practice in the State of Maryland which includes a not-for-profit network of 15 health care centers throughout the State of Maryland.
- The Johns Hopkins Medical Services Corporation, the not-for-profit corporation that contracts with the Uniformed Services Family Health Plan contract to provide and manage care for military retirees and active duty family members.
- Johns Hopkins Medical Management Corporation, the healthcare management and services organization that develops, organizes and manages a regional patient delivery system to serve Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine physicians and JHHS hospitals.
JHHS’ most important collaboration is with The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. This collaboration is known as “Johns Hopkins Medicine”, a vehicle for internal operational coordination and a united voice for external initiatives. Johns Hopkins Medicine allows these two distinct yet interdependent organizations to respond in an integrated fashion to opportunities and pressures affecting the Johns Hopkins medical enterprise. Two important operational entities of Johns Hopkins Medicine are Johns Hopkins HealthCare LLC and The Johns Hopkins Home Care Group, Inc.
- Johns Hopkins HealthCare LLC, an organization owned 50% by JHHS and 50% by The Johns Hopkins University (“JHU”), develops and manages contractual relationships with managed care organizations, employers, hospitals, physicians, and other health care providers.
Priority Partners Managed Care Organization, Inc., an organization owned 50% by JHHC and 50% by the Maryland Community Health System, operates as an authorized managed care organization and serves Medicaid enrollees in Baltimore City and throughout the State.
- The Johns Hopkins Home Care Group, Inc. is a not-for-profit Maryland corporation owned 50% by JHHS and 50% by JHU and is made up of three combined companies: Johns Hopkins Home Health Services, Inc., Johns Hopkins Pharmaquip, Inc., and Johns Hopkins Pediatrics at Home, Inc. Through these entities, JHHCG offers home health services such as visits by nurses, home health aides, social workers, and physical, occupational, and speech therapists; durable medical and respiratory equipment and supplies, and home infusion therapy and pharmaceuticals; and outpatient discharge pharmacy services on the JHH and JHBMC campuses.