All individuals covered under The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine Policies on Professional Commitment and Conflict of Interest are required to take and pass the Conflict of Interest Training Module, which is located online at:
http://training.jhu.edu/ComplianceTraining/ (for those with JHED ID's)
http://training.jhu.edu/ComplianceTraining/noJHED/ (for those without JHED ID's).
Individuals covered by the policy include all School of Medicine faculty, staff, trainees, students, administrators, and researchers.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Training Module
- Who is required to take the course?
All individuals covered under The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine Policies on Conflict of Interest and Professional Commitment are required to take the Conflict of Interest Training Module. Individuals covered by the policy include all faculty, staff, trainees, students, administrators and researchers who are compensated or otherwise supported by the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine for their services.
- Who should I contact if I have questions about technical aspects of the Conflict of Interest Training Module?
Once logged in, click on the "Contact Us" link on the left hand navigation toolbar after you have enrolled in the course.
- I am unable to locate the Conflict of Interest Training Module once I login to the website – how do I find it?
After you logon to the website, choose a school affiliation from the drop-down list and then click the GO button to continue. Answer the five questions which will help determine the course(s) you must complete. Next click the Compliance Training Course link(s) to begin each training session that is required. The Conflict of Interest Training Module will be available once you answer the questions appropriately.
- If I serve as principal investigator of a study and a co-investigator on the protocol has a conflict of interest, who needs to pass the training module?
If any individual listed on the protocol has a conflict of interest, all individuals listed on the protocol, regardless of whether or not they are a School of Medicine employee or trainee, must pass the Conflict of Interest Training Module before the protocol will be approved by the JHM IRB. (All protocols with conflicts of interest must be reviewed by the JHM IRB and not WIRB.)
- The University is proposing to license a technology I invented to a for-profit entity. Do I need to take the Conflict of Interest Training Module?
All Johns Hopkins inventors listed on a license or pending license must pass the course.
- Who should I contact if I have a question about a potential conflict of interest?
If you have a potential conflict of interest or questions concerning conflicts of interest, please contact the Office of Policy Coordination at 410-516-5560 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I’m a staff member; why do I need to complete the training module?
While you may not have a personal financial conflict of interest, you may work with individuals who have significant personal relationships with industry. It is important for you to understand areas in which potential bias may be introduced into research activities.
You should login using your JHED ID and password. If you cannot remember your JHED ID or password, you should login to MyJohnsHopkins for more information.
Office of Policy Coordination
100 N. Charles St., Suite 900
Baltimore, MD 21201