Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Last Revision Date: 02/24/2013
HOW to elect the Advanced Clerkship in Medicine:
If you are interested in the Advanced Clerkship in Medicine Elective, please contact the Registrar’s Office. All scheduling for the course will be through the Registrar, however individual Firm assignments will be through the Department of Medicine.
The Advanced Clerkship in Medicine Elective follows the academic quarterly calendar dates. Rotations are one period long.
Confirmation of Your Assignment:
Your rotation assignment will be processed by the Course Director and will be posted under “Assignments.” This will be your confirmation for the rotation. Registration and credentialing paperwork instructions are listed below.
Required: Registration, Credentialing and Training
If you fail to complete the requirements listed below within their specific timeframes, your spot will be offered to another student.
- National Provide Identifier (NPI) Number: The number is required on the Biographical Information Form within the Credentialing Packet, and is required before you submit the entire packet to the Course Coordinator. The turn-around time from submission to NPI to them to generate your number is 3-7 days (longer due to holidays), so please start this process immediately. If you do not receive your NPI # within that timeframe, please follow-up with NPI.
- Credentialing Packet: The completed credentialing packet will include the following documents:Confidentiality Agreement for Students
- HIPPA Security Awareness and Agreement form
- Biographical Information Form
- Information and Attestation Form for all Medical Students Appointed as Interns
- Checklist for Medical Student Appointed as Interns
- NPI Instructions for Students
- Verification of flu vaccination (from your health care provider)
- Complete the packet, including providing the NPI # and CLINDOC certificate, and email all forms back to the Course Coordinator. Do not send any forms directly to the JHH Credentialing Office. If you’re unable to “save” these documents due to the level of your Adobe software, then please complete/print and scan/email back to the Medical Training Program Administrator, Sherrie Lynne Fornoff.
- Sunrise Clinical Documentation (CLINDOC) for Providers: Students are required to complete CLINDOC and submit the completion certificate to the Course Coordinator along with their Credentialing Packet. If you completed CLINCDOC during your Medicine Clerkship, you do not need to repeat, but you will need to notify the Course Coordinator. If you require assistance with CLINDOC, please contact the HELP desk (410-955-4357).
- Provided Order Entry (POE) Training: Students are required to complete POE Training BEFORE the start of the rotation. If you have completed POE previously, then you have met the requirement. If you wish to take a refresher course, or if you have specific POE questions, contact POE directly (410-614-0958).
Drop forms are available on the web: http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/som/Requests/CandidateForms/MDCandidateForms. Please bring your form to the Course Coordinator for signature.