Improving Health Outcomes and Medical Education for Sickle Cell Disease Network (iHOMES) is dedicated to providing high quality primary care to people with sickle cell disease who live in Maryland.
We have 3 main goals for iHOMES:
- Connect adult patients with sickle cell disease with primary care providers and support the relationship.
- Help older adolescents and young adults with sickle cell disease to transition smoothly from pediatric to adult primary care doctors.
- Train primary care providers to care for people with sickle cell disease of all ages and provide the necessary tools to deliver high quality care.
Through the creation of this network, primary care providers, community-based organizations, and comprehensive sickle cell centers in the state will develop relationships to help overcome the barriers that prevent patients with sickle cell disease from obtaining high-quality sickle care.
Who should be part of the iHOMES network?
- Health providers who want to provide high-quality care and learn more about sickle cell disease
- Adults with sickle cell disease who are looking for a primary care doctor
- Teenagers or young adults with sickle cell disease who need to transition to an adult provider
- Community-based organizations and advocates for people with sickle cell disease
- Anyone interested in making sure that people with sickle cell disease get the best care possible
- ER, hospital-based providers, and hematologists who need help connecting people with sickle cell disease with primary care.
If you have sickle cell disease and need a primary care provider, please call 443-717-2198. We will help you!
If you would like to be a part of the network, please call 443-717-2198.
If you have any questions about sickle cell disease in Maryland, please call 443-717-2198.
Follow us on Twitter @iHOMESnetwork
YouTube channel iHOMESNetwork
***For more information, e-mail us at iHOMES@jhmi.edu***