Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Task Force on Women's Academic Careers in Medicine (TF)
Overview and Priorities
The Task Force on Women’s Academic Careers in Medicine (TF) was appointed in 1990 by the Chair of the Department of Medicine (DOM) with the purpose of identifying and characterizing the career obstacles facing women faculty in the Department of Medicine and to offer solutions. Since that time the TF has worked closely with departmental leadership to increase its representation of women, promote gender equity around salary, promotion rates, leadership appointments, and raise awareness about family friendly work practices.
The TF focuses on the following priorities:
- Enhancing leadership development and opportunities for women,
- Identifying inequities and supporting institutional leadership to promote change,
- Increasing the visibility and the valueing of women's talents and successes,
- Promoting a family friendly climate for all faculty,
- Improving experiences and opportunities for women trainees with the aim of increasing recruitment and retention.
- Letter from the Chair
- Initiatives and Successes
- Impact: Promoting Change
- Task Force Members, Past Chairs, Advisory Board
- Calendar 2012-2013
- Useful Links
TF contact information
Rachel B. Levine MD, MPH, Chair
Nancy Van Keuren, Administrative Support