- What is Johns Hopkins CareLink?
- Who can use Johns Hopkins CareLink?
- Is there a cost?
- Will Johns Hopkins CareLink require a specific browser or technology?
- How will I access Johns Hopkins CareLink?
- Can my staff access a patient’s medical record on my behalf?
- How will I know when a patient’s medical records have been updated or test results posted?
- What are the advantages of Johns Hopkins CareLink?
- Will I continue to receive faxed notification and discharge summaries?
- Will training and support be available?
- What information will I need if I call the help desk?
Johns Hopkins CareLink will provide referring physicians with access to their patients’ medical records for 90 days following a physician consultation, lab or imaging test, outpatient visit or hospitalization at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Howard County General Hospital, Sibley Memorial Hospital and outpatient services provided by Johns Hopkins physicians. You also will be able to order a specialty consultation to be scheduled by the patient.
Any physician who refers a patient to Johns Hopkins physicians, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Howard County General Hospital and or Sibley Memorial Hospital can use Johns Hopkins CareLink, provided that the patient identifies the physician as part of his or her care team. Physicians also can identify their office and administrative staff who should have access to patient information in Johns Hopkins CareLink.
There is no cost associated with using Johns Hopkins CareLink.
You will need access to the Internet through Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
Enrollment is quick and easy. You will need to provide contact information, NPI number, license number and licensing state and other information.
You can request Johns Hopkins CareLink access for clinical staff, non-clinical staff and office administrators in your practice. Each staff member will need to enroll in Johns Hopkins CareLink, electronically sign the terms and conditions, and abide by rules of patient confidentiality. You and your clinical staff, including physician assistants, nurses, administrative personnel and office manager, will have access to your patients’ medical records. At least one person at your site must be designated as the site administrator who will have certain additional administrative responsibilities.
You will receive a message in your Johns Hopkins CareLink in-basket. If that message remains unopened for one day you will receive an email reminder in your personal or professional email account, if you have also provided that address.
Johns Hopkins CareLink will provide you with real-time access to your patients’ medical records, test results and imaging reports as well as notification of your patients’ outpatient visits, admissions and discharges. You also will have the ability to refer patients for specialty consults.
Until you enroll in Johns Hopkins CareLink, you will continue to receive faxed notifications of patient appointments or admissions to the hospital and discharge summaries from The Johns Hopkins Hospital and Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.
After you are enrolled in Johns Hopkins CareLink, you can login to complete the online training at your own pace. Training information will be located on the right column of the screen. Select the training link to view a brief video and tip sheets. Telephone technical assistance will be available 24/7 by calling 855-284-5465.
Please be prepared to provide the following information when you log a help desk ticket:
- User name and login
- Practice site information
- If you have a question about accessing a patient record, you will need to report the name of the patient you are accessing or trying to access and your relationship with him or her.
- If you have a question about a referral, you will need the name of the patient, the service for which you have referred the patient, and , if available, the ‘referral ID’ you received electronically upon completing the referral.
- If you have a question about permission to access certain features, please have available the names of the other users like you at your site.